Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 10th Anniversary Pub Crawl in Birmingham

This Space For Hire

For info on the Bartons Arms discussion, here is the bus gen; The buses are National Express West Midlands 33/51 to Walsall/Pheasey from Lower Bull Street/High Street stop BS16 (down the road from the Peaky Blinder bar to see on a map). They jointly run every 5 mins, journey time about 7 mins to Burlington Street, 2 mins from the pub.
    Note that the starting point might be subject to change due to ongoing tram extension works (needs checking nearer the time).

The current fare appears to be £2.40 single, £4 day ticket, £7 group day ticket for up to 5 people. Twerly passes valid after 09.30. Mobile app tickets available and cash & contactless accepted on the bus.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

I'm sure you will al have a great day but I am away that week celebrating my 50th birthday.

Which pubs were visited on the original crawl 10 years ago? Be interesting to see if they are all still open!

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    I'm sure you will al have a great day but I am away that week celebrating my 50th birthday.

Which pubs were visited on the original crawl 10 years ago? Be interesting to see if they are all still open!
    You can read all about it here: http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...ber-Birmingham. And you had to miss the original crawl, too (page 12, #120). See #214 on page 22 for Conrad's recollections of the pubs visited.

Hope you enjoy your birthday celebrations!
    Come On You Hatters!

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    For info on the Bartons Arms discussion, here is the bus gen; The buses are National Express West Midlands 33/51 to Walsall/Pheasey from Lower Bull Street/High Street stop BS16 (down the road from the Peaky Blinder bar to see on a map). They jointly run every 5 mins, journey time about 7 mins to Burlington Street, 2 mins from the pub.
    Note that the starting point might be subject to change due to ongoing tram extension works (needs checking nearer the time).

The current fare appears to be £2.40 single, £4 day ticket, £7 group day ticket for up to 5 people. Twerly passes valid after 09.30. Mobile app tickets available and cash & contactless accepted on the bus.
    That's really helpful,thanks and with that regularity it won't be difficult to get the crawlers to and from The Bartons Arms and back on track in the city centre.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Aarggh! I now realise this follows my visit to pubs and beer-fest in Nottingham 14th, and 15th is traditional 'de-brief' day.
    Too old and weak to make Brum as well, so it is with deep regret that I shall be unable to make the anniversary photo (be it 10th or 11th, Will!), properly gutted!
    I look forward to belatedly enjoying the day vicariously, via the prize-writing of our inimitable band...

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Aarggh! I now realise this follows my visit to pubs and beer-fest in Nottingham 14th, and 15th is traditional 'de-brief' day.
    Too old and weak to make Brum as well, so it is with deep regret that I shall be unable to make the anniversary photo (be it 10th or 11th, Will!), properly gutted!
    I look forward to belatedly enjoying the day vicariously, via the prize-writing of our inimitable band...
    That's a shame Jim , enjoy Nottingham.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Just to get the ball rolling on which pubs might await us:

There is a very tight cluster of city centre pubs worth considering possibly both before and after visiting the Bartons Arms*

Briar Rose* . If there is demand for breakfast and the traditional 'spoons PuG start
    Head of Steam
    Wellington*
    Old Joint Stock*
    Colmore
    Pure Craft
    Post Office Vaults

I've never visited the Jewellery Quarter ,so maybe others could suggest any names worth considering.There would then be an interesting canalside walk from there to a bit of an outlier

Craven Arms

But it is on the way (with more walking) to Digbeth for

Lamp Tavern *
    Spotted Dog
    Anchor * .... and within reasonable striking distance of the railway stations.

* Pubs that were visited by the 2010 crawl.
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 25-08-2021 at 16:37.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

The Jewellers Arms in the Jewellery Quarter is a Black Country Ales pub which is worth a visit. Burning Soul Taproom and Rock & Roll Brewhouse are nearby but the opening hours are not too good on a Friday. 3pm and 5pm if memory serves.
    If you are walking the canal to the Craven Arms you have the Tap & Spile and the Canalside Cafe en route.

I am a salmon !!

If you are moving from the City centre to the Jewellery Quarter it is one stop on the train from Snow Hill - right by the The Old Contemptibles.

A daytripper costs £6.90 and covers all trains, trams and buses.

I am a salmon !!

This Space For Hire

The Jewellers Arms in the Jewellery Quarter is a Black Country Ales pub which is worth a visit. Burning Soul Taproom and Rock & Roll Brewhouse are nearby but the opening hours are not too good on a Friday. 3pm and 5pm if memory serves.
    If you are walking the canal to the Craven Arms you have the Tap & Spile and the Canalside Cafe en route.
    If you are moving from the City centre to the Jewellery Quarter it is one stop on the train from Snow Hill - right by the The Old Contemptibles.

A daytripper costs £6.90 and covers all trains, trams and buses.
    Thanks for this!