Ads not shown when logged in
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 10th Anniversary Pub Crawl in Birmingham

Staying over in a gruesome Travelodge (not even doing breakfasts, but unsurprisingly cheap) after working in Brum today, so will probably head to the Briar Rose for a fry-up at about 10:45.

NB - As a public duty, I'm currently visiting a few 'Winfields' - think John Smith's, Worthington's if you're lucky or keg Banks's Original (mild) as a best case - in the outer suburbs near where a Soup Dragon is known to roam.
    Last edited by rpadam; 14-10-2021 at 21:28.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Staying over in a gruesome Travelodge (not even doing breakfasts, but unsurprisingly cheap) after working in Brum today, so will probably head to the Briar Rose for a fry-up at about 10:45.

NB - As a public duty, I'm currently visiting a few 'Winfields' - think John Smith's, Worthington's if you're lucky or keg Banks's Original (mild) as a best case - in the outer suburbs near where a Soup Dragon is known to roam.
    Well done for stepping up to the plate. I was thinking of doing something similar, and even looked at some hotels, but the thought of all that John Smiths Smooth Crap was too much.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    I've gone with a main crawl of 13 pubs with 4 wild cards.
    I know this is very late in the day, and some of you will have set off for your trains in the morning before seeing this, but having said that 15 was too many and Dave having ignored me and gone for 17, I've now got another wild card. From my copy of Camra's Real Heritage Pubs of the Midlands: Rose Villa Tavern. It's a similar distance from the Jewellery Quarter station & tram stop as the Jewellers Arms, so if there happen to still be 20-odd of us getting off the tram at the same time, a split might be advantageous when it comes to getting served promptly. Not to mention, it seems to be a lovely pub.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Well done for stepping up to the plate. I was thinking of doing something similar, and even looked at some hotels, but the thought of all that John Smiths Smooth Crap was too much.
    Happy to take one for the team, but I should add that I unexpectedly found the 5.0% Hornswoggle from Froth Blowers on handpump at the The Kingfisher near Great Barr.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I know this is very late in the day, and some of you will have set off for your trains in the morning before seeing this, but having said that 15 was too many and Dave having ignored me and gone for 17, I've now got another wild card. From my copy of Camra's Real Heritage Pubs of the Midlands: Rose Villa Tavern. It's a similar distance from the Jewellery Quarter station & tram stop as the Jewellers Arms, so if there happen to still be 20-odd of us getting off the tram at the same time, a split might be advantageous when it comes to getting served promptly. Not to mention, it seems to be a lovely pub.
    Rose Villa Tavern is a lovely pub, and one to wander round the rooms and there was a phone box inside when we were last in there. Today going to be fun. I won't be capable of having a drink in every pub, but I am game to get round as many as I can with you all. Ray will do what he can, but may just do a few at the start, but I am so looking forward to having a go.

Something else to think about, Birmingham City playing West Brom tonight at Albion 8pm, so there will be footy fans having a drink before going to the match, and likely a few of the pubs screening the match. Will only affect those not on earlier trains home I suppose, but there will be fans around.

Gill
    Last edited by gillhalfpint; 15-10-2021 at 06:36.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Apologies chaps, I'm now not able to join. Have a good one and I look forward to reading all about it.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    Apologies chaps, I'm now not able to join. Have a good one and I look forward to reading all about it.
    Well, that's a blow. I'd been looking forward to meeting you again. Maybe next time.
    Come On You Hatters!

Tony 1056 arrival, me 1124, I started the voyage at 0100 !!!

'Spoons packed out. Hard to find a table and keep it whilst ordering .

Brekkie cami in minutes😄

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    'Spoons packed out. Hard to find a table and keep it whilst ordering .
    That's why I use the app at breakfast time!