Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 10th Anniversary Pub Crawl in Birmingham

My train tickets are booked, arrive 11.49, depart 20.04.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

I arrive at New Street at 11.25 and depart 21.10
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    I arrive at New Street at 11.25 and depart 21.10
    I will arrive on the 51 from Walsall at the Barton's if you go there first, otherwise the the X51 in town. I will then have an all day bus ticket anyhow.
    MILD:

Hello gang, hope ye're all grand, I had an email from the little wan telling me about this, I'm rest day the Saturday FFS but I'm working on getting the Friday instead/as well.

I will say the Bull in Price St (Gunmakers district) is now being run by Nigel from the Wellington, I don't know is it Black Country or just him but it is having very good reports from respectable correspondents. It's 5 minutes walk from where the 7 bus stops on the way back from the Bartons at Lower Loveday St. https://maps.app.goo.gl/TUG1XLBh6wUYNkmt8
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by an_ecumenical_matter; 29-08-2021 at 15:30.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Aarggh! I now realise this follows my visit to pubs and beer-fest in Nottingham 14th, and 15th is traditional 'de-brief' day.
    Too old and weak to make Brum as well, so it is with deep regret that I shall be unable to make the anniversary photo (be it 10th or 11th, Will!), properly gutted!
    I look forward to belatedly enjoying the day vicariously, via the prize-writing of our inimitable band...
    Get your finger out Jim, are you a man or a moose ?

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by an_ecumenical_matter View Post
    Get your finger out Jim, are you a man or a moose ?
    There are many who may say I couldn't aspire to be either, but the logistics (and the de-brief) sadly mean things won't work for a re-route home via Brum.

Hello gang, hope ye're all grand, I had an email from the little wan telling me about this, I'm rest day the Saturday FFS but I'm working on getting the Friday instead/as well.

I will say the Bull in Price St (Gunmakers district) is now being run by Nigel from the Wellington, I don't know is it Black Country or just him but it is having very good reports from respectable correspondents. It's 5 minutes walk from where the 7 bus stops on the way back from the Bartons at Lower Loveday St. https://maps.app.goo.gl/TUG1XLBh6wUYNkmt8
    Good idea! And there's the Gunmakers Arms, brewery tap for Two Towers brewery, just around the corner from the Bull on Price Street. So that's three pubs sorted already.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Good idea! And there's the Gunmakers Arms, brewery tap for Two Towers brewery, just around the corner from the Bull on Price Street. So that's three pubs sorted already.
    In fact the aforementioned 33/51 stop at Lancaster St (Junction with Price Street), so even closer
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    In fact the aforementioned 33/51 stop at Lancaster St (Junction with Price Street), so even closer
    Yes, that's better also because the 33 & 51 alternate from the same stop, each running every 10 mins but five minutes apart from each other, whereas the 7, from a different bus stop around the corner, is every 10 minutes with no alternative if you've just missed one.
    Come On You Hatters!

Myself and Tony are declared runners, unfortunately no Evil Gazebo (Richard) of 2010, he has other commitments.