Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Radio pub quiz tonight / tomorrow

Glass Half Full

Default Radio pub quiz tonight / tomorrow

My radio appearance asking the questions on the Midnight Mastermind slot on O J Borg's BBC Radio 2 show is on late tonight (early hours of Thursday) at 12.30 AM - Do listen in or catch it on the BBC Sounds App later - my questions will relate to a famous British pub. Arthur Chappell

Quote Originally Posted by arthurchappell View Post
    My radio appearance asking the questions on the Midnight Mastermind slot on O J Borg's BBC Radio 2 show is on late tonight (early hours of Thursday) at 12.30 AM - Do listen in or catch it on the BBC Sounds App later - my questions will relate to a famous British pub. Arthur Chappell
    Won't be listening tonight with work in the morning but will hope to catch it on a catch up of some sort.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Glass Half Full

My pub quiz slot went well - The O J Borg Show 12th August 2021 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000ylnb 29 minutes 25 to 40 minutes 30 seconds, either side of Kate’s Bush’s Cloudbursting. This should be still on Sounds for the rest of the month. Arthur

My pub quiz slot went well - The O J Borg Show 12th August 2021 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000ylnb 29 minutes 25 to 40 minutes 30 seconds, either side of Kate’s Bush’s Cloudbursting. This should be still on Sounds for the rest of the month. Arthur
    Just listened to it. Thanks for letting us know.

Also have just checked the Circus Tavern and we don't have a photo of the pub sign on this site. Are you planning on adding one?
    Come On You Hatters!

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Well done Arthur ,that was a good listen.My review of the Blind Beggar is deficient in at least two aspects you highlighted.,however Pubsignman's review does nail the detail.
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 12-08-2021 at 16:38.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Well done!

3/3 for me, but it was Ronnie not Reggie who killed Cornell; Reggie killed Jack 'The Hat' McVitie in the basement of 97 Evering Road, N16.
    I loved the DJ's quote 'It's famous and infamous in the same breath' - so Spinal Tap!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    ...Pubsignman's review does nail the detail.
    Not as nailed as Cornell though; there's still a funny red stain on the ceiling.

Just had a listen on the BBC Sounds app; 2/3 for me (didn't know the last one), although you certainly chose one of the most well-storied pubs in the UK! Quite an eclectic mix of songs played on the show too.
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

Yes managed 3/3,a good listen Arthur, but it was Ronnie and not Reggie.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields