Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Erroneous Rename - Manchester

Just Missed the Round

Default Erroneous Rename - Manchester

Society should be Vocation & Co, not Society. Society is the name of the space, similar to an indoor market or food court, and not the name of the bar/venue itself.

If I need to justify this further, look at Jack in the Box. The bar is called Jack in the Box and is one of several food/drink traders within the Mackie Mayor space. This is correctly listed as Jack in the Box, and not Mackie Mayor - therefore Society should be renamed back to Vocation & Co, for consistency if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    Society should be Vocation & Co, not Society. Society is the name of the space, similar to an indoor market or food court, and not the name of the bar/venue itself.

If I need to justify this further, look at Jack in the Box. The bar is called Jack in the Box and is one of several food/drink traders within the Mackie Mayor space. This is correctly listed as Jack in the Box, and not Mackie Mayor - therefore Society should be renamed back to Vocation & Co, for consistency if nothing else.
    It's the sister bar to Assembly Underground with the same naming convention that Vocation use.

The website says "Society is a fresh new addition to Manchester’s thriving cultural scene, and the first sibling of Assembly Underground in Leeds"
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 21-06-2021 at 15:19.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Just Missed the Round

Hmm, I'm not massively convinced and it seems a bit messy, but as the precedent appears to have been set with the Leeds one, I guess it is at least consistent with that.