Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Move website, N1.

This Space For Hire

Default Move website, N1.

The Wenlock Arms - Could you move the 'official website' to the CAMRA Pub Heritage slot?

Ta.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    The Wenlock Arms - Could you move the 'official website' to the CAMRA Pub Heritage slot?

Ta.
    I've renamed it but I don't know/haven't got the power to move it to under the Camra WhatPub entry. Perhaps another dwarf knows how, or maybe Snow White can do it himself.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I've renamed it but I don't know/haven't got the power to move it to under the Camra WhatPub entry. Perhaps another dwarf knows how, or maybe Snow White can do it himself.
    I think the idea is to copy the link, delete and then replace it in the CAMRA Heritage location.

I think the idea is to copy the link, delete and then replace it in the CAMRA Heritage location.
    That's what I did, but I don't have the equipment to place it in a particular location. Thanks for the advice, though.
    Come On You Hatters!

That's what I did, but I don't have the equipment to place it in a particular location. Thanks for the advice, though.
    Sorry, I wasn't clear, and obviously you are unaware of the tools that Snow White has put at the disposal of us Dwarfs.

The only way we can move, copy or rename a link is as you say: copy the link, delete the original, then add it back to the site with a new name and, ideally, the correct position. WhatPub links sort themselves, as do Twitter links; Facebook links name themselves, but they have to be put in position 2 (if the pub has a website) or position 1 (if not). There is no way, as far as I know, for us to tell the Heritage Pub link to go underneath the WhatPub link. But I'm sure Snow White knows how, and maybe another Dwarf does too.
    Come On You Hatters!

Sorry, I wasn't clear, and obviously you are unaware of the tools that Snow White has put at the disposal of us Dwarfs.

The only way we can move, copy or rename a link is as you say: copy the link, delete the original, then add it back to the site with a new name and, ideally, the correct position. WhatPub links sort themselves, as do Twitter links; Facebook links name themselves, but they have to be put in position 2 (if the pub has a website) or position 1 (if not). There is no way, as far as I know, for us to tell the Heritage Pub link to go underneath the WhatPub link. But I'm sure Snow White knows how, and maybe another Dwarf does too.
    There has never been an option for us to put it below the WhatPub link. It's a website, so it always goes above the Whatpub link.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    There has never been an option for *us* to put it below the WhatPub link. It's a website, so it always goes above the Whatpub link.
    ...but plenty of them *are* below the WhatPub link (like this one, for example), so there must be a way of doing it, but only Dave knows how.
    Come On You Hatters!

...but plenty of them *are* below the WhatPub link (like this one, for example), so there must be a way of doing it, but only Dave knows how.
    As I understand it, the Camra pub heritage links below the What?ub links were added by Dave using a script.

However, some or all of those in Greater London were missed from the automated process due to some data mismatch issue.

Dave is certainly aware of this, and has said he will fix it when he can find the time.

Meanwhile, these links can be added manually in the same way as pub websites, but preferably with the description changed to 'Historic Pub Interiors'.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Dave is certainly aware of this, and has said he will fix it when he can find the time.
    I actually thought I'd fixed it a couple of weeks ago. Just looked into it again this afternoon and think I may have finally cracked it.

And they should all now be showing on the historic interiors map