Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Norwich

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    It's map point is in Norwich South and Lakenham, so if you were looking in Norwich Central you won't have seen it.
    I was looking at Norwich as a whole, don't like all these subdivisions, but though it is listed under Norwich, and Norwich South, it doesn't have a map 'pin' in either location.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I was looking at Norwich as a whole, don't like all these subdivisions, but though it is listed under Norwich, and Norwich South, it doesn't have a map 'pin' in either location.
    Bloody hell, Jim. Do I have to do all the work around here? Neither the Kings Arms or the Freemasons Arms on Hall Road had had their default locations corrected, so they were "sharing" a map point. (I guess the 'pin' belonged to the Freemasons, as being earlier in the alphabet, but if you had clicked on the Kings Arms in the list alongside the map, it would have lit up.)

I admit that I was there in 2018 and photographed them both, so I could easily have corrected their map points when I got home, but what with posting all the photos, cooking my dinner, washing my clothes, emptying the bins and dusting the mantelpiece, I guess it must have just slipped my mind. Now corrected, with a map point each!
    Come On You Hatters!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Do I have to do all the work around here?
    You certainly have a far superior knowledge of these things to me Will and, in any case, I wouldn't want to deprive you of such duties, even at the expense of a dusty mantelpiece!

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    You certainly have a far superior knowledge of these things to me Will and, in any case, I wouldn't want to deprive you of such duties, even at the expense of a dusty mantelpiece!
    That's very thoughtful, mate. No more than I have come to expect.
    Come On You Hatters!

My last visit was nearly 5 years ago so any recommendations have to be taken with a pinch of salt.

The place I enjoyed most was The Plasterers Arms for it's eclectic range of cask and keg beers, friendly atmosphere and decent pizzas. It's just outside the city centre but an easy stroll which also goes past The Kings Head which has a decent range but less interesting than others.
    I had a thoroughly enjoyable evening in the Fat Cat Brewery Tap which, as with most brewery taps, is a long way from being a traditional boozer and is a fair way from the city centre. The ale range though is excellent and I'd hire a bike from the station and cycle there if I was visiting again.
    The most famous and renowned boozer is The Fat Cat which has a superb range of beers and is probably the one must visit place. Also a walk from the town centre so the bike may come in useful again.
    The two I visited in the city centre were The Vine for a decent Thai but not an essential for beer and St Andrews Brewhouse which had only recently opened, was something of a wild card and I was impressed.

It's a fantastic city with plenty to go at. Enjoy it.
    "Beer is food." Morse, Colin Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by Thuck Phat View Post
    My last visit was nearly 5 years ago so any recommendations have to be taken with a pinch of salt.

The place I enjoyed most was The Plasterers Arms for it's eclectic range of cask and keg beers, friendly atmosphere and decent pizzas. It's just outside the city centre but an easy stroll which also goes past The Kings Head which has a decent range but less interesting than others.
    I had a thoroughly enjoyable evening in the Fat Cat Brewery Tap which, as with most brewery taps, is a long way from being a traditional boozer and is a fair way from the city centre. The ale range though is excellent and I'd hire a bike from the station and cycle there if I was visiting again.
    The most famous and renowned boozer is The Fat Cat which has a superb range of beers and is probably the one must visit place. Also a walk from the town centre so the bike may come in useful again.
    The two I visited in the city centre were The Vine for a decent Thai but not an essential for beer and St Andrews Brewhouse which had only recently opened, was something of a wild card and I was impressed.

It's a fantastic city with plenty to go at. Enjoy it.
    Thanks TP, an interesting bike idea.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Thanks TP, an interesting bike idea.
    Yeah, I would tend to avoid riding a bike after two or three pints, though.
    Come On You Hatters!

Yeah, I would tend to avoid riding a bike after two or three pints, though.
    You reckon I should stick to thirds?
    -W.C.Fields

I never cycle when I’ve had more than 8 pints. Or at least not that I can remember.
    "Beer is food." Morse, Colin Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by Thuck Phat View Post
    I never cycle when I’ve had more than 8 pints. Or at least not that I can remember.
    A wise choice.
    -W.C.Fields