Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beer of the Week (w/e 22 August 2010)

I'll stay on me own

This might sound boring but ive had a drink of Samuel Smiths old brewery bitter in the Golden Ball Scarborough, White Horse Beverley and York Arms York and these were all really good with a good head on them just how i like a beer to be.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    these were all really good with a good head on them just how i like a beer to be.
    What's that? Same again for you Rex?
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Tried Barngates 'Catnap', Fernandes 'Copperpot' & 'Barge Blonde' and Leeds' 'Midnight Bell' - which is in the lead at the moment. However, the Copperpot was also very enjoyable.
    Tried four more last night: Wylam 'Green Phoenix', Great Heck 'Yorkshire Pale Ale', Mallinson's 'Paddock Reflections' and Toad 'Mature Toad'. The Mallinson's has immediately galloped into the lead for BOTW. Another superb clean tasting beer from the talented Tara.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    The Mallinson's has immediately galloped into the lead for BOTW. Another superb clean tasting beer from the talented Tara.
    Not 'alf, it came very close last week as my own BOTW, is Ms Mallinson pretty as well as being an outstanding brewster? (sexist old git that I am but we need to know)

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Not 'alf, it came very close last week as my own BOTW, is Ms Mallinson pretty as well as being an outstanding brewster? (sexist old git that I am but we need to know)
    She's a damn fine brewster.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Sampled a few this week , Ironbridge Foundry Gold , Bankss Mild , Lymestone Cowboy , Shires Summer Classic , Cambrinus Deliverance , Purple Moose Cwrw Eryri , Red Squirel R.S.Xtra and even a GK IPA
    BOTW is tough this week , but i think Lymestone , Lymestone Cowboy just edges it fron the Purple Moose and the Cambrinus
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

A good week for beer, thanks to a day out in Essex, and a wonderful beertent at Sissinghurst Smallholders fair, where we spent 2 damp days selling plants. My BOTW is between Nethergate IPA from East Anglia-a good clean low gravity IPA with a good hop level, and Dark Star's Over the Moon, a wonderful dark, malty yet hoppy beer from Sussex.
    The enthralling complexity of the Over the Moon, coupled with its drinkability-its ABV is a modest 3.8, makes it my Beer of the Week.
    Last edited by Wittenden; 22-08-2010 at 23:00. Reason: repetition of "wonderful"

Just two days drinking this week but some fine ales drunk along the way, Beerworks "Dr Morton's Truth Serum", Wharfebank Camfell, Jarrow Westoe IPA and Wentworth Best all stood out but my clear winner was Naylors Equinox

The best pint I had in London was the Rev James in Lord Moon of the Mall, a JDW. But it couldn't top the beers in Salisbury. Best this week was Otter in http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/41717/

A hefty week with several contenders. Grainstore Ten Fifty, Cottage Full Steam Ahead, Dark Star Hophead, Ballards Golden Bine, a couple of Otley ales 07 Weissen & Thai Bo and Everards Golden Zest were all good enough to win any other week but I'll stick with my original choice of Twickenham Summer Gold at the Dukes Head in Hampton.