Visit Wee Beefy's Pub Blog site

Evening!
Last month I bought two cans off Sean from Other Half Brewing. I had become a fan of their stuff, along with Veil Brewing, and other's whom I have temporarily forgotten the names of, for a while now. Despite the height of their prices (remember kids - I do still perhaps pointlessly strive to pay no more than a pound a percent), I managed to order 2 x 6.5% DDH IPA's. Citra everything is the second.
I realise that people - like myself - could suggest that Citra everything should simply be a can filled with green Citra hops - and it wasn't. Luckily I had brought this to enjoy a tasty hoppy cloudy beer. It did not disappoint.
It's actually called small CITRA EVERYTHING and is in a can with a lovely pinky red label. Taking the lid off I straight away smelled the lovely Citra flavours as they wafted over my nose.I realise that numerous unsavoury undertakings could have taken place at Other Half Brewing, but their lack of more than the most basic information about the brew simply meant that I loved the flavour even more. The only frustration, and even then minimal, was a lack of explanation of the use of the word small....
Aroma wise it was almost all Citra - but despite my poor memory of the specifics of Citra am confident enough to suggest there was a mild, none hoppy, sweetness in there. In the end it mattered not. The overall taste is clean and suppable - so much so that I have had to ignore this half a can that I have left whilst I set up the P.C. After an unusally long 50 minutes in the glass am now convinced that the Citra is even more noticable - but am equally aware that this could be a trick of the mind.
I may have mentioned previously that I have had a mixed series of encounters with American, and recently also Canadian brews - but this ticked almost all of my boxes. Probably but not entirely based on my not having been to my second home for 7 months, I do remember that the fab staff at Shakespeares supplied a large number of frankly wonderful USA breweries whose products I love - although the only one I can remember is Founders Brewing Co and their Kentucky Breakfast Stout - and I know I have not had that for years.
Finishing the murky soup was a very pleasant and equally long awaited achievement. I know its a tad pricey, but on this basis it's worth every penny.
Next time you spot a few cans I would suggest you grab some!
Your very best of health.
Wee Beefy

More...