Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Pub (Garden) Of The Month - April 2021

Default Pub (Garden) Of The Month - April 2021

I've only been to two so it'll have to be The Baum or The Healey

So The Baum it is then.

Hoping for more choices in May.
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 02-05-2021 at 15:10.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Good thread !

The Wharf Inn

A very pleasant garden bordered by the babbling brook of the Warwickshire Avon and at the terminus of the Welford Arm of the GU Leicester Line.A lot of thought has gone into this garden by the publican.A large shed houses quality real ale on stillage and there are enough young barmaids to ensure swift service,no need for app ordering ,nor any long waits which is the case when ale is brought from the insides of a pub out of bounds to customers.

There is also a large tent with each end open to meet Covid requirements with some electric heaters suspended above the tables if the weather turns inclement.The only fly in the ointment was an 8pm closure during the week,but takeout containers were provided free so that drinking could carry on ,on aboard.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    I've only been to two so it'll have to be The Baum or The Healey

So The Baum it is then.

Hoping for more choices in May.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Good thread !

The Wharf Inn

A very pleasant garden bordered by the babbling brook of the Warwickshire Avon and at the terminus of the Welford Arm of the GU Leicester Line.A lot of thought has gone into this garden by the publican.A large shed houses quality real ale on stillage and there are enough young barmaids to ensure swift service,no need for app ordering ,nor any long waits which is the case when ale is brought from the insides of a pub out of bounds to customers.

There is also a large tent with each end open to meet Covid requirements with some electric heaters suspended above the tables if the weather turns inclement.The only fly in the ointment was an 8pm closure during the week,but takeout containers were provided free so that drinking could carry on ,on aboard.
    Jealous!

Perhaps there should be a thread: Pub (pavement with screaming sirens, boy racers, knife-wielding hoodies on bikes, aggressive beggars, rain and freezing wind) Of The Month.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Jealous!

Perhaps there should be a thread: Pub (pavement with screaming sirens, boy racers, knife-wielding hoodies on bikes, aggressive beggars, rain and freezing wind) Of The Month.
    That's easy..............I've visited The Euston Tap twice during the month.I now recognise the beggars before they get to my table and can be firm but fair with them.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    That's easy..............I've visited The Euston Tap twice during the month.I now recognise the beggars before they get to my table and can be firm but fair with them.
    Ha! I've walked this stretch many times during lockdown, usually nearing midnight. Last night on the approach from King's Cross, I decided to bypass this stretch and walk just to the north through Somers Town - a bit of a mistake, I think that Euston Road and all its horrors is preferable. There's hardly any traffic, but some of the guys out here at night are a lot more intimidating than aggressive beggars.

This Space For Hire

Superb beer garden at the Nags Head Reading now. It has been proposed this pub is Camra Pub of the Year material previously but I have thought its great for beer but the scuffy toillets and the marque in the carpark let it down.With the garden upgrade and the nicer toilets I reckon this is a possibility assuming the garden area is part of the judging of the POTY.Anyway great improvement on an already great pub.

Four different pub gardens this month including The Nags Head a couple of times but I have to give it to The Wonston Arms with some great work on the garden including a bar you can sit at on barstools, table service made almost bearable as well.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Two main contenders:
    The Ship which has probably the best garden set up I've been to with an open marquee and heaters over every table and Beerhouse, Market Harborough which takes this months title due to the ingenuity of their outside set up and the range and quality of ale available.
    "Beer is food." Morse, Colin Dexter

This Space For Hire

A weekend in Leeds provided the Cuthbert Broderick Wetherspoons, Revolution de Cuba, and Chaophraya - real ale followed by cocktails followed by wine! So only one contender really