Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
So initially if you click that you have visited it puts up the message "I have visited this pub at some point". It also gives that message where I have based it on a review, so I've changed that so it now says the date that is based on. (It may not be based on most recent review, in fact probably oldest I'm afraid)
Have you changed this again? I'm now seeing two different messages (taking Barnsley postal town as an example): the pubs I reviewed in 2017 to 2019 say "I visited this pub around 02/11/2017 (based on review)", but the pubs I reviewed in 2013 say "I have visited this pub at some point".

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
I guess the important questions for anyone reading this are:-
Do you want to record that you have visited a pub? I think it is useful to have a record even if you haven't reviewed it.
Do you want to record a date (either exact or rough)? I can see how it could be useful, but not sure of a good interface to make it easy to do for historic records. Obviously I could add a 'check in' button for mobile version of site for recording as you go.
How would you feel about other users being able to see which pubs you've visited? I think it could be handy in that someone may not have reviewed somewhere you are thinking of visiting so you could then check with them if it is worth it. But privacy issues maybe?
Personally, I don't see this being very useful to me for two reasons. One, I'm not really fully into keeping records on a smart phone or an app, I'm more of a notebook-and-spreadsheets guy. Two, some of my uses of the Review field are to record historic information or trailing a new pub opening/changed pub reopening, and are not connected to my being anywhere nearby at the time. I can't see myself trawling through more than two thousand entries in postal towns throughout the UK to correct this.

However, I can see a 'check in' button for mobile users as being potentially useful, with a view to encouraging activity for new users. There would be no privacy issue as far as I'm concerned if this information was shared publicly, but I can see why others might not be so unbothered; perhaps a 'share' button as well?