Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Micropubs

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Here's a toughie: can you make a different shape for the marker if the pub's location is "best guess"? This would a) prompt some checking before setting out, and b) avoid frustration when arriving at location and finding no pub. Just a thought.
    I've been through them and based on what I view as a reliable sources for a MP correction member left as is, all that weren't I've added the location as to where they actually are. I've done all of A-R, continuing, and U-Z which were best guess I've corrected to where I believe is correct, usual sources to back up. I have had to correct some lesser known members points as they were incorrect and (PA) points from prior to K could still be wrong as it wasn't until I found one in a park etc that I should check their adjustments. I'll finish the rest today and tomorrow.

Oh and i think I'm on 29 which is more than I thought.
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 11-04-2021 at 23:16.

Under moderation

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    I've been through them and based on what I view as a reliable sources for a MP correction member left as is, all that weren't I've added the location as to where they actually are. I've done all of A-R, continuing, and U-Z which were best guess I've corrected to where I believe is correct, usual sources to back up. I have had to correct some lesser known members points as they were incorrect and (PA) points from prior to K could still be wrong as it wasn't until I found one in a park etc that I should check their adjustments. I'll finish the rest today and tomorrow.

Oh and i think I'm on 29 which is more than I thought.

It will be interesting to see the final pub map. Of course, I hope that only truly worthy and interesting establishments will be on the list.

Someone has made a feature-length documentary about micropubs, which will be premiering in Canterbury this weekend before presumably becoming available to watch at the link below afterwards.

"Inspired by the original micropub craze in Kent, three entrepreneurial Londoners decide to open their very own micropub and revitalise their high streets through a love of craft beer, real conversation and community spirit."

https://micropubdoc.com/

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    Someone has made a feature-length documentary about micropubs, which will be premiering in Canterbury this weekend before presumably becoming available to watch at the link below afterwards.

"Inspired by the original micropub craze in Kent, three entrepreneurial Londoners decide to open their very own micropub and revitalise their high streets through a love of craft beer, real conversation and community spirit."

https://micropubdoc.com/
    'Hmmm… can't reach this page'

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    No problems for me?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    That's odd - the site was definitely up when I posted, but seems to be unavailable now.

This is their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/micropubfilm/

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    That's odd - the site was definitely up when I posted, but seems to be unavailable now.

This is their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/micropubfilm/
    It's working again now, and I'm supposed to be going to the premier in Canterbury on Saturday (at the grand cost of £5).