Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Photoless Pubs

Default Photoless Pubs

There is now a map showing the remaining 4000 or so pubs without a photo https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs-without-photos/

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Talking of pictureless pubs, I've been working on something https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs-without-photos/
    Wowser! Where's the emoji for "squeals of photographer joy"?

That looks really good and definitely something I could use once we're allowed to do non-essential journeys again.

A thought: I've noticed a few pubs with photos that were uploaded by "anonymous user" some time in 2004. As far as I can recall, these are all in a smaller format and include such things as pencil drawings, watercolours and postcards. (Maybe I'm exaggerating.) Is there any way of defining "pictureless pubs" as those with nothing since the date of these picture uploads? It's quite possible that there are only a few left that have not been superseded by more up-to-date photos, so if it looks like being a big change, just say no.
    Come On You Hatters!

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Excellent! Always nice to know when something I've done actually works! Strange that it was showing on the pictureless pubs list, will look into that.

Talking of pictureless pubs, I've been working on something https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs-without-photos/
    Fantastic feature,well done Dave !
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Looking good Dave.

Any chance of a similar feature for unreviewed pubs?
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Wowser! Where's the emoji for "squeals of photographer joy"?

That looks really good and definitely something I could use once we're allowed to do non-essential journeys again.

A thought: I've noticed a few pubs with photos that were uploaded by "anonymous user" some time in 2004. As far as I can recall, these are all in a smaller format and include such things as pencil drawings, watercolours and postcards. (Maybe I'm exaggerating.) Is there any way of defining "pictureless pubs" as those with nothing since the date of these picture uploads? It's quite possible that there are only a few left that have not been superseded by more up-to-date photos, so if it looks like being a big change, just say no.
    Just moved this into a new thread to make sure more people see it.

I've been meaning to do a map of this for ages because I know I'd find it useful, have a trip planned for West Cornwall in May so thought it'd be a good opportunity to get a few photos, turns out there aren't many around there to get https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs-wi...49902343751,11 (notice you can share a URL with the co-ordinates at the end)

Also, good idea with the 2004 photos, they are added into it now so number has gone up by about 130.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Looking good Dave.

Certainly can, the trouble comes with loading all 16000 in one go. My computer and phone can just about handle it, but it causes a bit of a strain https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs-without-reviews/

I am keen to make more use of mapping in general, so ideas for useful visualisations are welcome.

This Space For Hire

Absolutely excellent feature and will help enormously - great job! Marginally annoying in that some of the places I have planned for this year have no photo gaps at all, but I suppose that is generally good news.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Great map, should be able to add a few soon.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    A thought: I've noticed a few pubs with photos that were uploaded by "anonymous user"...
    Yes. I've noticed some by 'anonymous user' and several I requested to be deleted as they showed the wrong pub.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Good idea. Though some places aren't worth reviewing - restaurants where a Peroni can be had without food, for example, which shouldn't have been added to the db, IMHO.

There is now a map showing the remaining 4000 or so pubs without a photo https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs-without-photos/
    Dave - are you planning to add this to the Stats & Features on the front page? Or are you planning to keep access restricted to Forum users for the time being?
    Come On You Hatters!