Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beer of the Week (w/e 14th March 2021)

A bit out of my comfort zone, but I was intrigued by a collaborative Barley Wine with North Brewery when I was ordering more moderate fare from Good Things Brewing. At 10%abv, a 440ml can was too large a quantity, and it took me an evening to consume. However, it was enjoyable, with the blackcurrant/gooseberry/rhubarb profile of Bullion hops. A traditionalist, I'd prefer it as a "nip" at the end of the evening, rather than the evening's entertainment.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Default Brumaison Bullion

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    However, it was enjoyable, with the blackcurrant/gooseberry/rhubarb profile of Bullion hops.
    If it's Bullion you are after, Brumaison often has that a single-hop beer.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    If it's Bullion you are after, Brumaison often has that a single-hop beer.
    Yes, I've had this a couple of times. One of Cellar Head's Single hop pales is currently Bullion, though I don't think it says it on the label. This cultivar seems to be largely re introduced by Hukins Hops at St Michaels: on a farmers' jolly a couple of years ago at the farm I was privileged to be able to drink an un-named Bullion hopped beer from one of those bladders-some kind of unstructured polypin.Another world.
    Last edited by Wittenden; 17-03-2021 at 14:37.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    They are currently using APC Overnight and I had no trouble with a delivery back in January ,nor did my son who got a delivery from them to his flat in Greenwich.
    FWIW I placed an online order with Marble at 17.12 on Monday 15th ,a mix of cans and bottles which arrived today from APC Overnight (route :Manchester - Hertford) at 12.50.I am not going to complain about that.
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 17-03-2021 at 18:31.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    FWIW I placed an online order with Marble at 17.12 on Monday 15th ,a mix of cans and bottles which arrived today from APC Overnight (route :Manchester - Hertford) at 12.50.I am not going to complain about that.
    Service not up to standard here. Ordered from Marble at 20.44 on Sunday 14th, arrived (Rugby) today at 14.34. In fairness it was a good sized order and should see me through until the pubs open. The beer shelf is reassuringly full.
    "Beer is food." Morse, Colin Dexter

Cask
    XT 3 (4.2%)

Can
    Fallen Acorn Revenge of the Sith Faced (10.5%) Imperial stout

Another silly-named dark beer, the can stated "Rich, smooth, and the epitome of the Dark Side. This Imperial Stout has an oaty creaminess, layered with indulgent notes of chocolate, coffee, and roasted malt, finishing with a lingering touch of sweetness. Revenge is the big brother of our Oatmeal Stout Sith Faced, you could say the Dark Knight has rises... but you'd be in the wrong franchise."

This poured with a thick, beige head. Faint coffee and chocolate notes from the malts in the aftertaste with the aforementioned creamy mouthfeel which slightly dampened the alcohol hit, but nonetheless another corker.

BOTW: Fallen Acorn Revenge of the Sith Faced
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"