Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wine Galore!

Default Wine Galore!

OK, this is really off-kilter. But this story of "fine wine thieves" is just too good to ignore.

"A gang of wine thieves, who were making off with an estimated €350,000 (£317,000) worth of grands crus Burgundy wines, began hurling their loot at officers as they sped down the motorway at high speed.

The thieves had targeted the luxury Relais Château hotel, the Domaine de Rymska Saint-Jean-de-Trézy, 30km from Beaune, in Burgundy, and two hours drive from Paris, at 5.15am on Tuesday. They smashed open the door of the wine cellar before making off with hundreds of bottles of Burgundy wine.

A patrol of gendarmes then joined the chase, but as they approached the van, the thieves began throwing bottles of wine at the pursuing vehicle. Investigators say nobody was hurt and the bottles, aimed at the windscreen of the gendarmes’ car, missed their target.

An inquiry has now been opened and police say they are searching for at least three men.

It was the second time the five-star hotel had been broken into in two days. Just 24 hours previously, thieves broke into the property and stole €200,000 worth of fine wines from the same cellar. That time, the alarm did not go off. Detectives are trying to establish if the two burglaries were organised by the same gang."

Anyone want to take a guess?
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    "Detectives are trying to establish if the two burglaries were organised by the same gang."
    This is tricky, perhaps time to call in Inspector Clouseau to solve these puzzling crimes?

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

"A gang of wine thieves, who were making off with an estimated €350,000 (£317,000) worth of grands crus Burgundy wines, began hurling their loot at officers as they sped down the motorway at high speed.
    Just think, someone could write a series of crime thrillers based on thefts in the heady world of fine Burgundy. The sub-genre could be known as pinot noir.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    The sub-genre could be known as pinot noir.
    Andy, is this your coat?
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

OK, this is really off-kilter. But this story of "fine wine thieves" is just too good to ignore.

The thieves had targeted the luxury Relais Château hotel, the Domaine de Rymska Saint-Jean-de-Trézy, 30km from Beaune, in Burgundy, and two hours drive from Paris, at 5.15am on Tuesday. They smashed open the door of the wine cellar before making off with hundreds of bottles of Burgundy wine.

A patrol of gendarmes then joined the chase, but as they approached the van, the thieves began throwing bottles of wine at the pursuing vehicle. Investigators say nobody was hurt and the bottles, aimed at the windscreen of the gendarmes’ car, missed their target.

An inquiry has now been opened and police say they are searching for at least three men.

It was the second time the five-star hotel had been broken into in two days. Just 24 hours previously, thieves broke into the property and stole €200,000 worth of fine wines from the same cellar. That time, the alarm did not go off. Detectives are trying to establish if the two burglaries were organised by the same gang."

Anyone want to take a guess?
    This story is an absolute corker - you've got to admire their bottle! If you think this story is off kilter, from the same paper yesterday, try this for size.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    The sub-genre could be known as pinot noir.
    Don't you mean labelled pinot noir?
    Last edited by Tris39; 07-01-2021 at 18:19.

As Morrissey say's - "Fuck The Guardian"

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Also wasn't to keen on last year.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Once again I agree with him - To Hell With It!

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    What a very unpleasant chap he seems to be. (Apologies to anyone who likes him.)
    Come On You Hatters!