Ads not shown when logged in
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown 3

Got my appointment for tomorrow! They must have found a spare vial down the back of the sofa.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

This seems to be a reasonable plan going forward: 5 steps.jpg
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    This seems to be a reasonable plan going forward: 5 steps.jpg
    Remember, this is supposed to be data-led, not the timetabled approach that you appear to be imposing on the country. Though doubtless you will be incredibly popular when you leak this version to your favourite newspapers.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Got my appointment for tomorrow! They must have found a spare vial down the back of the sofa.
    Got mine for Tuesday,the same day as Mrs W,who is in a younger cohort.Apparently the Surgery struck me off because they rang three times without leaving a message, and got the hump when I (obviously) didn't ring back. Not all pensioners are retired!
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire

This Vaccine Calculator has mine now pushed back to mid-May. London is going very slowly...

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    This Vaccine Calculator has mine now pushed back to mid-May. London is going very slowly...
    I would take that calculator with a pinch of salt, just entered my details in and I should expect my first dose from the 5th April, I had it last Thursday.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Try booking anyway. I'm 62 and it's offering me appointments tomorrow all over the Midlands. As I've got to take my vulnerable partner for her GP scheduled jab on Saturday I'm sitting tight as they may well do me on the two birds one stone principle.

This Space For Hire

The jab is technically in Clinical Trial until January 2023, so it might be worth checking terms and conditions of your health, travel and life insurance policies as many could be invalidated. Many don't cover when Clinical Trial has been participated.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    The jab is technically in Clinical Trial until January 2023, so it might be worth checking terms and conditions of your health, travel and life insurance policies as many could be invalidated. Many don't cover when Clinical Trial has been participated.
    Do you have a reliable source for this (because I can't find any supporting evidence from a quick Google search)?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Do you have a reliable source for this (because I can't find any supporting evidence from a quick Google search)?
    And, while you are providing a reliable source, which of the approved vaccines are you talking about?

That the (never specified) vaccine is still in a clinical trial is a common anti-vaccer theme. And participating in a clinical trial (a study to validate some property of the substance in question) is different from receiving something that is involved in a clinical trial.

There are always clinical trials going on involving all kinds of stuff, even aspirin: an example being the fairly recent study the showed a small daily dose of aspirin is preventative for stroke. Would your insurance be invalid for taking aspirin?

Perhaps you could provide the clauses in your health and travel insurance, and life assurance, that you refer to.

And even if you are right on all counts, do you really imagine that the insurance industry would invalidate the cover of what will be by May some 80% of its customers?
    Last edited by NickDavies; 05-03-2021 at 20:17.