Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown 3

This Space For Hire

Clive James once compared Swarchneggar to a brown condom stuffed with walnuts.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    ...one can only hope the Darwin principle will come into play and thin them out.
    Nah. They'll just invest in a thicker grade of tin-foil for their hats.
    Last edited by Tris39; 27-01-2021 at 19:09.

A friend of mine who lives in Rotherham got his vaccination today - he's four months younger than me, and he says one of his neighbours who is 65 also got his. The medic who administered the vaccine told my friend that they had been sent more vaccine than expected, but I suspect there are a lot of antivax refusenicks in Rotherham.

According to this article in the Guardian about young people without any underlying medical conditions being offered vaccinations, there are "only four groups of people currently eligible for the vaccine: those over 70, care home residents, health and social care workers, and the extremely clinically vulnerable." Apparently the mistake for these young people is down to a change in the coding system used to identify potentially vulnerable patients, which "has contributed to some patients being erroneously included in high-risk groups."
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    A friend of mine who lives in Rotherham got his vaccination today - he's four months younger than me, and he says one of his neighbours who is 65 also got his. The medic who administered the vaccine told my friend that they had been sent more vaccine than expected, but I suspect there are a lot of antivax refusenicks in Rotherham.
    Like Darlington in olden times.

Here's the Calculator.
    Last edited by Tris39; 02-02-2021 at 18:50.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    A friend of mine who lives in Rotherham got his vaccination today - he's four months younger than me, and he says one of his neighbours who is 65 also got his.."
    Got mine yesterday. London is really cracking on now with virtually every doctor’s surgery and pharmacy of any size being turned into a jab centre, and has moved down to over 60’s with underlying health issues, for which my high blood pressure qualifies apparently

Straight forward but watch out for the sore arm afterwards. I always get a bit of soreness from the flu jab but this was like being constantly pummelled by Frank Bruno.
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    Got mine yesterday. London is really cracking on now with virtually every doctor’s surgery and pharmacy of any size being turned into a jab centre, and has moved down to over 60’s with underlying health issues, for which my high blood pressure qualifies apparently

Straight forward but watch out for the sore arm afterwards. I always get a bit of soreness from the flu jab but this was like being constantly pummelled by Frank Bruno.
    I got a very sore arm after my flu jab on Christmas Eve. My mother's first plague jab resulted in an itchy three-day rash but the second induced a nasty day-long headache.

An idea: why not turn pubs into vaccination stations? The amount of ambient alcohol will send Johnnie Virus packing.

This Space For Hire

Got an appointment for the jab tomorrow.yippee.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Got an appointment for the jab tomorrow.yippee.
    Eh? Aren't you too young?

I've been sent a rare home testing kit, to be returned by courier to University College London. The greatest test was trying to decipher the instructions and assemble the flat-pack cardboard box.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post

been sent a rare home testing kit, to be returned by courier to University College London. The greatest test was trying to decipher the instructions and assemble the flat-pack cardboard box.
    The doctors receptionist must have misunderheard me when I said I was a dodgy ticker (beer) and thought I had a dodgy ticker (heart).

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post

I've been sent a rare home testing kit, to be returned by courier to University College London. The greatest test was trying to decipher the instructions and assemble the flat-pack cardboard box.
    I was in a UK Biobank study last year. You had to send a 1 ml blood sample in each month. You'd think getting 1 ml of blood out of a finger is easy, after all if you cut yourself it goes everywhere. But if you try to do it on purpose using the stabby thing provided it's nigh on impossible.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    The doctors receptionist must have misunderheard me when I said I was a dodgy ticker (beer) and thought I had a dodgy ticker (heart).
    Any terrible side effects yet? Itching? Pains? The intermittent hissing of white noise in your head, broadcast by an eavesdropper at GCHQ?

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    I was in a UK Biobank study last year. You had to send a 1 ml blood sample in each month. You'd think getting 1 ml of blood out of a finger is easy, after all if you cut yourself it goes everywhere. But if you try to do it on purpose using the stabby thing provided it's nigh on impossible.
    Yes. Those things don't work. I stabbed myself in the arm yesterday with the fingernail on my index finger - blood everywhere. I'm not looking forward to sticking the swab up my hooter.