Ads not shown when logged in
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown 3

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Jab failure yesterday - they didn't have me on the list. Probably my fault as I don't recall 'save and close' when I was booking my times, but frustrating nevertheless after queuing outside the pharmacy for 15 mins (I know, it's not too long!). But the webpage design could at least throw a message as you exit (like any office app) - do you want to leave/save this page..? If only ROB had been there at the consultation stage..!
    So, we'll be trying again next Friday...

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Jab failure yesterday - they didn't have me on the list. Probably my fault as I don't recall 'save and close' when I was booking my times, but frustrating nevertheless after queuing outside the pharmacy for 15 mins (I know, it's not too long!). But the webpage design could at least throw a message as you exit (like any office app) - do you want to leave/save this page..? If only ROB had been there at the consultation stage..!
    So, we'll be trying again next Friday...
    Bad luck, Jim. Stay safe in the meantime!
    Come On You Hatters!

Yes I done the same when booking the wife's appointment I did not notice the confirm appointment button at bottom of page just printed it. Lucky they still done the wife as a few people did not turn up in the morning. I Had mine yesterday feel like of got a bit of a hang over this morning but that's probably the half bottle of single malt I polished off last night.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I had to book my second one when I booked the first one on-line, Mrs B was told we'll let you know.
    Do you both have the same GP? If not, perhaps the process varies from one practice to the next, even in the same area.

My sister told me that side effects made her lungs ache and I'm getting it tomorrow!

My mate (who lives in my borough) didn't get notified for his flu jab last year and hasn't heard about his call for these jabs, but then his surgery is in Shropshire so two, two-hundred-mile round trips for him then. That's if he ever hears from them...
    Last edited by Tris39; 13-03-2021 at 18:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    My mate (who lives in my borough) didn't get notified for his flu jab last year and hasn't heard about his call for these jabs, but then his surgery is in Shropshire so two, two-hundred-mile round trips for him then. That's if he ever hears from them...
    I would seriously suggest that he needs to contact his GP in Shropshire asap.

And/or register with a GP in his local area.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post

Or just tries booking on the NHS site. It says 'over 55s' but round here they're taking over 50s.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...s-vaccination/

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Do you both have the same GP? If not, perhaps the process varies from one practice to the next, even in the same area.

My sister told me that side effects made her lungs ache and I'm getting it tomorrow!
    Yes same surgery, the doctor varies between visits.

My side effects were a sore arm and the mild flu like symptoms they promised. I had the Astra Zeneca version.

I hope it goes (or went) OK for you today. I noticed that quite a few have reported post jab adverse reactions, and I thought I might report the opposite reactions. When I had my jab (the AZ) I didn't see the needle; I didn't feel it go in; there was no blood; the nurse didn't put cotton wool or plaster on my arm; I didn't get the "I've had my jab" sticker that Mrs R got; and I experienced no nausea, hangover, sore arm or anything else. Some might say that they were just pretending to give me a jab - but I thought I was just lucky in not having any adverse reactions, and felt a bit more upbeat and optimistic in getting some protection from the worst of Covid 19. Looking forward to my second jab in a few weeks.

No adverse reaction, and walked home (15 miles) afterwards.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post

Yes. I think he's coming round to it. He had the plague last March and was off work for a week. He is donating blood on the basis that once processed, it's injected into sufferers for some purpose. He gets a routine test whenever he does so and was found a while back to have again caught the plague but this time was asymptomatic.
    I've told him to get a London GP, otherwise he'll get jabbed in the Midlands, which sounds painful.
    Last edited by Tris39; 14-03-2021 at 19:12.