Ads not shown when logged in
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Lockdown 3

This Space For Hire

It's looking very much like pubs will be able to refuse anti-vaxxers.

It'll be interesting to see how Mr Martin approaches things.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post

I thought we were promised all restrictions would be dropped in June anyway?(Not that I necessarily believed that). I would be totally against certificates, we've been controlled enough as it is, once vaccinated whats the problem? The anti's can take their own chance as far as I'm concerned.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino View Post
    I had my first on Monday as I received a text message from my local surgery about ten days ago stating I was eligible due to an "existing health condition" (I used to suffer from asthma, but have not had it for around 20 years).

The other half has had both of hers now (second jab about a month ago) as she's a care assistant at a nursing home.
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Good news all round!
    Excellent!

Yup. If a pub can admit only those who've been done and can remove social engineering measures, then that's more revenue for the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    The anti's can take their own chance as far as I'm concerned.
    The problem is that if people haven't been done and as a result, breed a new strain of the virus, then that can be passed on. And don't forget that as it's the old farts that have so far been done, it'll keep the kiddies out - bliss!

It might just be the Government floating another daft idea or of course Boris the buffoon talking bollox.

Jonathan Neame said on Radio 4 it was unworkable, although a club owner said it might work for them as they have a different demographic and are set up for such things with bouncers.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    It might just be the Government floating another daft idea or of course Boris the buffoon talking bollox.

Jonathan Neame said on Radio 4 it was unworkable, although a club owner said it might work for them as they have a different demographic and are set up for such things with bouncers.
    I can't see most pub owners putting this into practice - it means having someone constantly on the door, not to mention watching out for people sneaking in through an alternative entrance.
    Come On You Hatters!

Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    And don't forget that as it's the old farts that have so far been done, it'll keep the kiddies out - bliss!
    Well I’m more than happy to voluntarily stay out of any venue - permanently - that thinks it’s reasonable to exclude me from public life for being a ‘kiddie’

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Brainypool View Post
    Well I’m more than happy to voluntarily stay out of any venue - permanently - that thinks it’s reasonable to exclude me from public life for being a ‘kiddie’
    A pub near me has a strict 25+ age policy. I've heard people denied service saying things like: 'Of course I have no ID. I'm 28, an architect, have a mortgage and a one-year-old child!'. Needless to say, I avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I can't see most pub owners putting this into practice - it means having someone constantly on the door, not to mention watching out for people sneaking in through an alternative entrance.
    Not to mention people borrowing a vaccine certificate from a friend.

...although a club owner said it might work for them as they have a different demographic and are set up for such things with bouncers.
    What demographic? Pensioners?

This Space For Hire

.. although a club owner said it might work for them as they have a different demographic and are set up for such things with bouncers.
    Different sort of club I know but social clubs tend to have an old boy on the door who is fed beer all night to check cards and make guests sign the book. Mind you I wouldn't like to be on the committee which tried to exclude members for not being jabbed.

This Space For Hire

Different sort of club I know but social clubs tend to have an old boy on the door who is fed beer all night to check cards and make guests sign the book. Mind you I wouldn't like to be on the committee which tried to exclude members for not being jabbed.
    And on another point, isn't it the case that no immunity is acquired until three weeks after the first jab? So presumably if someone has had their first jab on the day they visit the pub, they'll be no better off than if they hadn't had it at all. Therefore surely anyone checking a vaccine card will have to ensure that it's dated at least three weeks before pub entry?

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    And on another point, isn't it the case that no immunity is acquired until three weeks after the first jab? So presumably if someone has had their first jab on the day they visit the pub, they'll be no better off than if they hadn't had it at all. Therefore surely anyone checking a vaccine card will have to ensure that it's dated at least three weeks before pub entry?
    The immunity will build up over that period - but yes, near enough zero on day one.