Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown 3

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Any terrible side effects yet? Itching? Pains? The intermittent hissing of white noise in your head, broadcast by an eavesdropper at GCHQ?

Yes. Those things don't work. I stabbed myself in the arm yesterday with the fingernail on my index finger - blood everywhere. I'm not looking forward to sticking the swab up my hooter.
    Felt like shit on Friday as the day wore on.Sore all over and was in bed by 9.00pm. Fine on sat morning after14 hrs in bed.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

i had my vaccine over a week ago and it made me feel pretty awful for a few days.
    MILD:

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

How many, here, getting the jab intend to take account of the suggestion of no alcohol 2-days prior, and 3-weeks after..? Hmmm...

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    How many, here, getting the jab intend to take account of the suggestion of no alcohol 2-days prior, and 3-weeks after..? Hmmm...
    That's news to me.............do you have a source for this guidance ? I wasn't planning on any abstinence and drinking interesting beer has been very beneficial for my mental health.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Getting jabbed Thursday, alcohol ? Of course, I wouldn't want to upset my equilibrium.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    That's news to me.............do you have a source for this guidance ? I wasn't planning on any abstinence and drinking interesting beer has been very beneficial for my mental health.
    These guidelines were issued by the charity 'Drinkaware' and have been picked up by a number of media outlets who have dropped them into their stories without giving much in the way of context.

While there is no published data about the specific effects of alcohol on the human body's response to the Covid-19 vaccination, there is some evidence that drinking alcohol, especially regular heavy drinking, could interfere with your body’s ability to build immunity in response to some vaccines.

Dr Sim continues: “We are very keen to stress how important it is for you to get vaccinated. We do know that, since the onset of the pandemic last year, between one fifth and one third of people have been drinking more than they do usually. So, as far as alcohol is concerned, we advise that you consider not drinking for two days before, and up to two weeks after you've been vaccinated, to try to ensure your immune system is at its best to respond to the vaccine and protect you. But it's really important to know that, even if you do drink, you'll still benefit from having the jab, so please don't turn it down.

“If you are a regular heavy drinker, the risks to you of becoming seriously ill if you do contract Covid-19 are particularly high, so please keep your appointment for vaccination if you are offered one.

The full Drinkaware press release is here: https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/profess...vid-19-vaccine

I think I'll carry on as I have been!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Getting jabbed Thursday, alcohol ? Of course, I wouldn't want to upset my equilibrium.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    These guidelines were issued by the charity 'Drinkaware' and have been picked up by a number of media outlets who have dropped them into their stories without giving much in the way of context.

While there is no published data about the specific effects of alcohol on the human body's response to the Covid-19 vaccination, there is some evidence that drinking alcohol, especially regular heavy drinking, could interfere with your body’s ability to build immunity in response to some vaccines.

Dr Sim continues: “We are very keen to stress how important it is for you to get vaccinated. We do know that, since the onset of the pandemic last year, between one fifth and one third of people have been drinking more than they do usually. So, as far as alcohol is concerned, we advise that you consider not drinking for two days before, and up to two weeks after you've been vaccinated, to try to ensure your immune system is at its best to respond to the vaccine and protect you. But it's really important to know that, even if you do drink, you'll still benefit from having the jab, so please don't turn it down.

“If you are a regular heavy drinker, the risks to you of becoming seriously ill if you do contract Covid-19 are particularly high, so please keep your appointment for vaccination if you are offered one.

The full Drinkaware press release is here: https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/profess...vid-19-vaccine

I think that this is a similar response to the myth that taking alcohol whilst on antibiotics reduces their effectiveness. This supposedly came about because the military services were going out on the town on leave, getting drunk, ending up in a brothel and contracting something unmentionable. Not wanting to take it back to their wives/girlfriends (and not wanting it in general) they were prescribed antibiotics and told not to drink as the effectiveness would be reduced, the idea being that if they were sober, they would be less likely to lose their inhibitions and go back to the brothel. In reality, there are two rarely prescribed types of antibiotic where drinking is not advised: one, because it makes you feel sick; the second because it makes you dizzy, neither a good combo with alcohol.

With regard to the vaccination, I suspect that the advice not to drink for this period is to stop people getting drunk and breaking social distancing rules until they've built up enough antibodies, which takes three weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    i had my vaccine over a week ago and it made me feel pretty awful for a few days.
    Good to know you've had it. Hope you're feeling ok now.
    Come On You Hatters!

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post

Thanks for identifying the source,like you I will keep calm and carry on.Jab on Saturday.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

That's news to me.............do you have a source for this guidance ?
    I had seen someone mention it on tv, but thanks PSM for providing context (more neo-pro teeth gnashing from ob...)