Visit the Shut up about Barclay Perkins site

Looking in various newspapers, I've found several similar reports to the one I published yesterday. With some sections identical and others unique. It looks like they are all based on a longer agency article, which has been edited down in different ways.These paragraphs give us a pretty good clue as to the swear word the rector used:
"Mr. Benson: Do you sometimes use strong language? The Rector; Not normally. I have called a man ____ fool. I expect I shall do it again. I have no priggish qualms about that. The rector said the use of one word which he admitted using, but not frequently, “was a habit with real men.” Mr. Richardson; Do you know is is a contraction of the sacred oath “By our Lady”? The Rector" I am priest, and I have never heard that explanation before."
Hartlepool Northern Daily Mail - Saturday 25 November 1944, page 8.
All this fuss was about occasionally saying "bloody"? Disappointingly innocuous.

There are some new characters and also an intriguing revelation about the rector's past:
"The rector said: “I have had my drink. I am like an ordinary normal man when have had it. I hope." He said he did not like Mrs. Marshall. She came between Mr Van Eyk, "who was very nice man.” and himself. The rector said he knew what drunkenness was “because he had been a judge of the High Court of Nigeria." Evidence that they had never seen the Rector under the influence of drink was given by Major William Elgy Freeman, of Fleet, Hants, formerly of the Indian Army, who said he had rooms at the Rectory from 1943 to May 1944, and Mr. William B. Farrant licensee of the Bailey Mow. "
Hartlepool Northern Daily Mail - Saturday 25 November 1944, page 8.Who the fuck were Mrs. Marshall. and Mr Van Eyk and why were they living with the rector? This is all getting way too complicated.
And the rector had been a judge in Nigeria? WTF? Yet another lodger in the form of Major Freeman. Was the rector running a boarding house?The rector doesn't sound such a bad chap, does he? Wait until you see how another reporter write about the case.

More...