Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Pubs that should be in a new carlton list

I'll stay on me own

Default Pubs that should be in a new carlton list

Here are a few pubs to put on carlton list and take off the Nottingham list.
    Chesterfield Arms main road gedling Carlton Gedling is an area of Carlton
    Blacks Head burton road Carlton
    Inn for a Penny burton road Carlton
    Fox and Hounds 1 station road Carlton
    Old Volunteer burton road Carlton
    Windsor Castle carlton hill Carlton

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Hi Al,

Carlton is already an outlying area of Nottingham, we cannot make Gedling an outlying area of an outlying area (so to speak). So we have added Gedling as an outlying area of Nottingham and moved the Chesterfield Arms into it.

I believe The Blacks Head, Inn for a Penny, The Fox and Hounds, Old Volunteer and Windsor Castle were all already in Carlton.

Places like Nottingham which have outlying areas and more prominent listings are defined by being Postal Towns with the Royal Mail.

Thanks for those.

I'll stay on me own

Lightbulb Carlton pubs again

Hi Conrad sorry to bother you about this again.
    My idea was to include all the sub districts of Carlton into one list of Carlton pubs the other areas i am talking about are gedling and netherfield which i thought were really a part of Carlton and not a sub district of Nottingham i hope you understand what i am trying to say.
    In the near future i will probably bothering you about pubs in Arnold which also has different areas in it and then it will be Nottinghams turn putting there sub districts back onto the main Nottingham list.

Once again thanks for reading my ideas about improving the full Nottingham listings.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

If I am understanding what you are saying then it is not possible to do it. The Pubs Galore web site has a strict hierarchy in its design, that goes as:

Country (England) => County (Nottinghamshire) => Postal Town (Nottingham) => Outlying Area (Carlton)

To make Gedling a part of Carlton would require something below an Outlying Area which our system is not designed to cope with. Ultimately this is all based around Royal Mail addresses which is a system we can at least then use to check information, so for instance looking up the Chesterfield Arms address on the Royal Mail web site gives me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Mail
    Chesterfield Arms
    50 Main Road
    Gedling
    NOTTINGHAM
    NG4 3HL
    Leading us to put Gedling as an outlying area of Nottingham.

Hopefully I have got the right end of the stick and that explains the current limitations on the main site.

I'll stay on me own

Default Carlton pubs

Thanks for the reply i understand what you are saying i was probably trying to get things too perfect and sorting the pubs the way i have done in my own books and lists of pubs.

One more thing for today i have just added a new entry for Carlton which is the Toby Jug but i entered the wrong post code i have done the map properley but could you please alter the post code.

I have put NG4 1BG but it should be NG4 1JD

Many thanks Alan

Former Pubs Galore Coder

We have approved and set the Toby Jug's postcode to NG4 1JD, thanks a lot for letting us know that.

The hierarchy of the towns on the site is a nightmare and another thing that has caused a lot of debate on the site. It is one of those things we will never get perfect, but hopefully we will get better particularly from hearing off different people how they see it working. I am toying with a new system at the moment (some time off yet), but it is interesting taking on board what people say seeing if it can fit in to what we plan.

I'll stay on me own

Thanks for sorting my mistake out.