Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 142

Thread: Lockdown 2

  1. #11
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    Had a mini-crawl around Dulwich this evening - the average price of a pint was comfortably north of £5.50. Why on earth didn't I just go down to my local Spoons?

    Dulwich is never going to throw up any bargains at the best of times. Otherwise...errrr...exactly because it's a 'spoons?

  2. #12
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,547

    Default

    So - The Stag, a backstreet pub, managed to stay open during lockdown last time by selling food as well as drinks to take away. Now they can't sell alcohol but anyone buying drinks here will now have to cross the road to the offie. I wonder if Bozzer is going to turn round tomorrow and tell us that the sale of alcohol will face a universal ban for the next 28 days?

  3. #13
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    1,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    So - The Stag, a backstreet pub, managed to stay open during lockdown last time by selling food as well as drinks to take away. Now they can't sell alcohol but anyone buying drinks here will now have to cross the road to the offie. I wonder if Bozzer is going to turn round tomorrow and tell us that the sale of alcohol will face a universal ban for the next 28 days?
    Another U-turn

    "CAMRA welcomes the decision to allow beer and cider takeaway sales during lockdown"

    https://camra.org.uk/press_release/c...ring-lockdown/
    Last edited by NickDavies; 03-11-2020 at 18:44.

  4. #14
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    5,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Another U-turn

    "CAMRA welcomes the decision to allow beer and cider takeaway sales during lockdown"

    https://camra.org.uk/press_release/c...ring-lockdown/
    Only a U Turn of sorts, basically online order and delivery or click and collect and you shouldn’t leave your “vehicle” - do roller skates and bicycles count I wonder? You may order by post which quaint as it may be perhaps sums up the mindset of Her Majesty‘s civil service.

    No level playing field with supermarkets or off-licenses.
    Drink drink, whoever you may be,
    we are the drunk and disorderly,
    and we’ll drink more beer wherever we may be,
    and we’ll meet you all in a pub said he.

    Dr Busker

  5. #15
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    1,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Only a U Turn of sorts, basically online order and delivery or click and collect and you shouldn’t leave your “vehicle” - do roller skates and bicycles count I wonder? You may order by post which quaint as it may be perhaps sums up the mindset of Her Majesty‘s civil service.

    No level playing field with supermarkets or off-licenses.
    In a way I can understand why. Last time a pub round our way which has a huge grassy area out the back was selling pints to 'takeaway' and of course the punters were going and sitting in the grass. The plod got wise and that was that but I guess there are a few who spoil it for everyone else.

  6. #16
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    5,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    In a way I can understand why. Last time a pub round our way which has a huge grassy area out the back was selling pints to 'takeaway' and of course the punters were going and sitting in the grass. The plod got wise and that was that but I guess there are a few who spoil it for everyone else.
    Quite so and a pub near me lost its license for exactly that reason. The only additional requirement needs to be "in a sealed container only" then a license to sell alcohol for consumption off the premises will apply equally to any outlet. There is some doubt at present about whither a pub with an off sales license is in the same position as a supermarket or off-license shop and it may be that pubs without an off-sales license may need to apply for one pretty quick.
    Drink drink, whoever you may be,
    we are the drunk and disorderly,
    and we’ll drink more beer wherever we may be,
    and we’ll meet you all in a pub said he.

    Dr Busker

  7. #17
    This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    1,490

    Default

    We went to Northfield Black Horse for our 99p beer fix on Monday 2nd, and enjoyed beers from Old Dairy, Orkney, Lancaster and Wolf.

    Upto York Tues 3rd to meet up with son, which caused problems getting into some pubs, so only made it to Maltings for food plus Treboom Yorkshire Sparkle, Postern Gate no real choices, and the Tap as we got back to the station where we enjoyed a Northern Whisper and Ial beer. Had been allowed seats outside in Old White Swan, T&T taken, what would we like --- what real ale have you got --- sorry sold out, OK we will have coffee -- sorry machine broke, so e moved on. Market Cat wouldn't let us past the door, as was the same in some others, or beer run out. Love York to bits so hapy wandering round despite the cold as it was dry.

    Wed 7th a day in Birmingham to have a last go before Lockdown 2. Enjoyed Peerless Oatmeal Stout and Malvern Hills Olicana before wishing them well, and going to the Colmore which wasn't open yet. Moved on to Old Joint Stock and had the Keggy Camden Town Off Menu IPA. On to Head of Steam for Northern Monk Faith and Brew York Haze of Thunder before going to the Tilt to sample some Greek offerings. All beers from Seven Islands all at £7 a third and all amazing. We did indulge a bit and spent a load but hey ho, why not enjoy our last day of freedom. Cocoxocomisu 12.0, Sunday Stack 12.0, Hazelnut Moczezuma 13.5 and Moczezuma Maple and Pecan 12.0. We managed to get to Post Office vaults beore the train and had Thornbridge Crackendale and Kinver Sweet 16 and even managed to get home ok.

    Great day. Hope we have another day or two like that before Christmas. All the best to one and all.

    Gill
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

  8. #18
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    3,947

    Default Instead of all those pesky bottles and cans

    Back to the 5-litre mini-casks for Lockdown 2, with the cavalry from Pig & Porter and Long Man coming over the hill during the week...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201107_150731s.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	709.3 KB 
ID:	2498 and now installed in our state-of-the-art cool-room (aka garden shed).

  9. #19
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    Wed 7th a day in Birmingham to have a last go before Lockdown 2. Enjoyed Peerless Oatmeal Stout and Malvern Hills Olicana before wishing them well, and going to the Colmore which wasn't open yet.
    Gill, you don't say where this was, but from the context I guess the Wellington.


    Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    Moved on to Old Joint Stock and had the Keggy Camden Town Off Menu IPA. On to Head of Steam for Northern Monk Faith and Brew York Haze of Thunder before going to the Tilt to sample some Greek offerings. All beers from Seven Islands all at £7 a third and all amazing. We did indulge a bit and spent a load but hey ho, why not enjoy our last day of freedom. Cocoxocomisu 12.0, Sunday Stack 12.0, Hazelnut Moczezuma 13.5 and Moczezuma Maple and Pecan 12.0. We managed to get to Post Office vaults beore the train and had Thornbridge Crackendale and Kinver Sweet 16 and even managed to get home ok.
    What a great crawl! Interesting beers in lots of different styles, and damn the expense. Hope you can find something as good when they open again.
    Come On You Hatters!

  10. #20
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Locked Down in Hampshire
    Posts
    4,627

    Default

    Oh dear, a 10k fine for this pub.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Similar Threads

  1. Final Lockdown Plague Puzzle Answers!
    By Tris39 in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2020, 22:58
  2. Final Lockdown Plague Puzzle!
    By Tris39 in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-07-2020, 23:56
  3. Wee Beefy's Pub Blog - Libations during Lockdown
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2020, 18:26
  4. Lockdown authorities for the pubs
    By flatcap in forum Requests
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-06-2020, 17:42
  5. Oh Good Ale - Lockdown beers
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-05-2020, 22:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •