Ads not shown when logged in
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown 2

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Thanks, quite interesting. The UK was always going to have a bad time of it given we have one of the fattest, least healthy, and probably most vitaminD deficient populations (given the popularity of immigration here from more equator-ward nations and avoidance of the sunshine for 'health'). April ended the initial wave here thanks to how sunny it was, but before it had passed through less-well connected regions, leaving some susceptibility.

We should have spent the summer getting vitaminD distributed, weight lost and better eating habits established. That is what a responsible government would have done, instead of castigating people for going on beaches.

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This Space For Hire

Wonder if JDW would do the same. After all their core clientele is in the danger zone age-wise. That's assuming Timbo thinks covid is a real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    It's not about a virus.
    Sadly, until a majority realise this we'll be stuck in this never ending cycle.
    The whole thing stinks, it's been lie after lie.
    Yeah, that's right, it's the great restart or something, with the Chinese communist party mobilising Boris Johnson and a herd of cats.

Once you realise lockdown is the goal, everything makes sense.
    Maybe to you. Perhaps you'd like to explain? It seems to me that the government has been delaying lockdown on each occasion that the scientists have been pushing for it.

The dodgy PCR tests, the lies about hospitals being busier than normal, the censoring of anti-lockdown scientists.

It's the Iraq dodgy dossier again, on steroids.
    So this in the Guardian is what, a lie? Sponsored by the communist party and Boris Johnson?

"Wards became temporary ICUs. Yet as quickly as we could free more beds, they were filled by those sick with the virus. Teams scrambled to move ventilated patients by ambulance out of the south east to hospitals with any capacity left. Those hospitals are now full. By the week before Christmas there was simply no room left at the inn.

Are you surprised by this? Maybe you are. The tabloids continued to report we were quieter than this time last year, that we had even more capacity than before. But this simply wasn’t true. What they had failed to realise when reporting on our expanded ICU capacity is what that truly meant: using portable ventilators and anaesthetic machines, the kind of ventilators used for operations and not intended for long-term ventilation of sick patients; putting patients in theatres and wards not set up for critical care; using staff who aren’t trained in looking after ICU patients. When you hear that hospitals are running at capacity, what that means now is that they are running at 100% of 150%. I’m not sure how we can find more space.
    "

The UK was always going to have a bad time of it given we have one of the fattest, least healthy, and probably most vitaminD deficient populations (given the popularity of immigration here from more equator-ward nations and avoidance of the sunshine for 'health'). April ended the initial wave here thanks to how sunny it was, but before it had passed through less-well connected regions, leaving some susceptibility.

We should have spent the summer getting vitaminD distributed, weight lost and better eating habits established. That is what a responsible government would have done, instead of castigating people for going on beaches.
    Yes, that's more like it (though I don't know what the evidence is for vitamin D build up in useful quantities this far north so early in the year). For this government, irresponsible and incompetent is the name of the game. I'm not sure they'd be trusted with executing a massive global conspiracy.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Attachment 2534

Once you realise lockdown is the goal, everything makes sense.

The dodgy PCR tests, the lies about hospitals being busier than normal, the censoring of anti-lockdown scientists.
    All goals have a reason - the reason here being? And the world's entire medical staff are being bribed to lie?

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    The tin-foil hat brigade are almost sensible compared to some "eccentrics" out there.
    Yes. They believe that things like this or this or this are documentaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Yes. They believe that things like this or this or this are documentaries.
    You mean they're not?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Wonder if JDW would do the same. After all their core clientele is in the danger zone age-wise. That's assuming Timbo thinks covid is a real thing.
    I suspect he knows the truth. The only way we're getting out of this and getting the pubs open is a figurehead like Tim saying he's opening all Wetherspoons and inviting the regulars to keep the rozzers out. It's what kept the gyms open in Liverpool.

Continue complying and things will only get worse. No fascist regime ends without a fight. The rest are just collaborators.

This Space For Hire

I suspect he knows the truth.
    Which is?

No fascist regime ends without a fight. The rest are just collaborators.
    Which regimes aren't fascist then, given the worldwide disaster this thing is?

I always wonder what's going on in New Zealand. If PCR tests are as useless as is made out by covid deniers they'd be reporting thousands of cases a day, reporting lots of Covid deaths and be in the same position as us. Or am I missing something?

Though I get the feeling you are trolling us a little.

Though I get the feeling you are trolling us a little.
    Just a little!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Just a little!
    Will give you a year, there's no other point. Good luck recovering.