Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown 2

This Space For Hire

The Lauriston : Last night people were drinking from plastic cups outside. It seems this is possible but only if the customer orders it in advance by phone or email. Simple solution: stand outside the pub and just order the drink from a phone.

When Bozo makes his announcement tonight, I'm expecting Lockdown 2 to continue, but just under a different name.

Revolving Boris will be making yet another U turn.

I'm expecting Tier 3 to not allow pubs to open, even with a "substantial" meal and Tier 2 pubs to have to offer food as per old Tier 3.

Even though the figures say that only 2.7% of cases are caused by hospitality.

I'm really beginning to hate that annoying, lying tw*t and the rest of his clowns for killing businesses when most infections are via
    multiple family homes alongside schools and uni's.

What happened to "following the science" you twonks!

Anybody got any opinions?
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 23-11-2020 at 11:10.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    When Bozo makes his announcement tonight, I'm expecting Lockdown 2 to continue, but just under a different name.

I'm expecting Tier 3 to not allow pubs to open, even with a "substantial" meal and Tier 2 pubs to have to offer food as per old Tier 3.

I'm really beginning to hate that annoying, lying tw*t and the rest of his clowns for killing businesses when most infections are via

You could well be on the money, there.

I'm a little surprised though that you're only now "beginning" to hate the obnoxious idiot that we have been lumbered with and all his lickspittle crew. I nearly broke my TV set a year ago when I saw one of the electorate opining that the reason why they were going to vote Tory was that "Boris is fun, isn't he". No, he's not fun, he's a total creep, and even if he were "fun", that's a crap reason for voting for him. Good grief!

This is a man who as mayor of London wasted millions of pounds on a vanity project to build a "garden bridge" across the Thames. As foreign secretary he was personally responsible for the nasty regime in Iran imprisoning a woman with dual nationality when he "mistakenly" echoed their accusation that she had been undermining the government. As prime minister he illegally closed parliament; when campaigning for re-election he confiscated a journalist's phone and hid in a fridge to avoid answering questions; he has now introduced a law that will empower ministers to circumvent a treaty he agreed with the EU and has (so far) failed to either agree a trade deal or to prepare for how the country is going to deal with the end of the transition period as we leave the EU. He has refused to sack a minister who has bullied the civil servants in more than one government department. He has dithered over the measures necessary to protect the country from the coronavirus - no attempt made to trace people arriving in the country at the beginning of the pandemic (apparently there are three flights a week from Wuhan, but no one - no one - was checked as they arrived); belated closure of mass gatherings (3,000 Atletico Madrid fans flew to Liverpool); undermining his own messages about keeping your distance (by shaking hands with everyone until he caught the virus himself), and about staying at home in the first lockdown (by saying that Dominic Cummings did the right thing in driving all the way to County Durham when he and his wife both had the virus), and don't get me started about Barnard Castle. He is careless with the way he talks about judges, the supreme court, the BBC, Muslims, the EU, Barack Obama, the Irish border, business ("fuck business" says Boris), you name it, he's been careless about it. His mini-Trump act of lying about everything because he knows he will get away with it is making me seriously worried about the future of this country - and there won't even be a general election for another four years.

Sorry, rant over (for now).

It must be time for a beer by now, surely.
    Come On You Hatters!

Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post

This has now been announced- the war on pubs shows no sign of slowing down. No doubt the north west will be in Tier 2, so wet pubs will have to remain shut despite the infection rate in Merseyside being 1/4 of what it was pre-lockdown. Why did we bother?

I think I'd accept Tier 2 as we were in 3.

I expect Bozo the tw*t to put us back there despite rates falling all over Greater Manchester.

Come on Andy, slap the bast*rd into submission.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Sorry, rant over (for now).

It must be time for a beer by now, surely.
    I blame Have I Got News For You which for years has legitimised the likes of Johnson, Mogg and Farage by allowing them to be portrayed as harmless 'fun' clowns.

Still, I doubt things would be any better if we had the Tw*t of Islington [North], not to mention his insane brother.

I expect anywhere on this map that is over 51 will be T2 anything over 201 will be T3, that doesn't leave many in T1. Many pubs are saying even being in T2 means it's not worth opening.

There was a story this morning, I think in the Telegraph, showing Cabinet Office slides from a presentation Witty made to MPs showing hospitality as responsible for 30% plus of infections. Suspiciously I can't find the link now on Twitter and it's not on the Cabinet Office website. Perhaps the neo-pro's have got their act together and are spreading their usual misinformation and lies.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I expect anywhere on this map that is over 51 will be T2 anything over 201 will be T3, that doesn't leave many in T1. Many pubs are saying even being in T2 means it's not worth opening.
    That map is not totally up to date (week ending 18 November). The trend in a lot of places is downward, so perhaps your estimate is a little pessimistic. Lets see what it looks like after the next rolling period ends on Wednesday.

The average rolling rate looks like something in the region of 190-195, Sheffield as a whole is on 263, but my area is on the border between 158.9 and 135.2. Perhaps more interesting is that Kelham Island is on 66, so I say open all the pubs!
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

[QUOTE=oldboots;112954]I expect anywhere on this map that is over 51 will be T2 anything over 201 will be T3, that doesn't leave many in T1. Many pubs are saying even being in T2 means it's not worth opening.
    /QUOTE]

Tier allocation is more nuanced than the raw infection rate.

see eg https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ld-last-months

Tier positions will be reviewed every 14 days and will be based on five criteria: case numbers across all age groups, cases in those aged over 60, the rate of rise or fall in infections, the percentage of those tested who have the virus, and current and projected pressures on the NHS locally

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post

Tier allocation is more nuanced than the raw infection rate.

see eg https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ld-last-months

Tier positions will be reviewed every 14 days and will be based on five criteria: case numbers across all age groups, cases in those aged over 60, the rate of rise or fall in infections, the percentage of those tested who have the virus, and current and projected pressures on the NHS locally
    Do you really believe this shower are capable of administering anything more complicated than infection rate? Their record suggests not.