Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What Constitutes a 'Substantial Meal'?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    My mum is well turned 80 and in South Oxon too. She's yet to be called. I suspect the pecking order in each group is a bit random, depends where you are in the alphabet or if you were in when they rang or if you happened to be at the doctor's for some other reason.

Round here we got summoned for our flu jabs by text, no idea what happens with people who haven't got a mobile phone. Like my mum.
    My mother has to wait in the surgery for 15 minutes after the jab - I suppose this is to make sure there aren't any immediate adverse reactions such as anaphylaxis. I imagine that this will slow things down. Apparently we have inoculated 138,000 people in the first week. According to my [appalling] maths, at this rate it will take nine years to do everyone.

A few weeks back I got summoned by text to have a flu jab, so now I'm officially elderly. Made an appointment for five days later and a day before, got a text saying my surgery had run out of jabs. I don't understand why they can't make appointments according to the number of shots they have - no sign of a repeat invitation either.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    My mother has to wait in the surgery for 15 minutes after the jab - I suppose this is to make sure there aren't any immediate adverse reactions such as anaphylaxis. I imagine that this will slow things down. Apparently we have inoculated 138,000 people in the first week. According to my [appalling] maths, at this rate it will take nine years to do everyone.

A few weeks back I got summoned by text to have a flu jab, so now I'm officially elderly. Made an appointment for five days later and a day before, got a text saying my surgery had run out of jabs. I don't understand why they can't make appointments according to the number of shots they have - no sign of a repeat invitation either.
    I suspect the jab is saline, in which case no concern. Since no-one sensible should accept something injected to them without knowing ingredients (heroin users feel free to interject here). Which hasn't been tested, has been indemnified on those pumping the shite into your arm, go ahead,

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    I suspect the jab is saline, in which case no concern. Since no-one sensible should accept something injected to them without knowing ingredients (heroin users feel free to interject here). Which hasn't been tested, has been indemnified on those pumping the shite into your arm, go ahead,
    Gosh, you really have swallowed all that fake news, haven't you! Back here in the real world, the Pfizer vaccine has been reported as having been tested on 43,000 volunteers, a process that was followed closely by the UK's regulatory body before it was approved.
    Come On You Hatters!

Ah but what about the Bill Gates microchip? Or should that be meecro cheeepy when in Nigella land.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Ah but what about the Bill Gates microchip? Or should that be meecro cheeepy when in Nigella land.

Watch the outtakes during the end credits of Episode 6: 'My bowl awaits!' then realises the import of what she's just said.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Gosh, you really have swallowed all that fake news, haven't you! Back here in the real world, the Pfizer vaccine has been reported as having been tested on 43,000 volunteers, a process that was followed closely by the UK's regulatory body before it was approved.
    There are already reports of harm from the "vaccine". Easy to find away from the fake news alphabet broadcasters.

It's everyones own personal choice whether they take the jab or not, I don't need anti's or pro's trying to sway me either way. Personally as it stands I'll be straight in for it, if theres a chance of normality coming back quicker I'm happy with any (if any) risk factor , I've had enough of things as they are and I'm only in tier 2.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I suspect the jab is saline, in which case no concern.
    There are already reports of harm from the "vaccine".
    Which of these items of fake news do you want to believe?
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Which of these items of fake news do you want to believe?
    Of course, if they were using disappearing needles ....I wonder how much the half-million or so who've had their first dose got paid to keep shtum.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    I wonder how much the half-million or so who've had their first dose got paid to keep shtum.
    Surely cheaper to just buy the vaccine and inject it in their arms?
    Come On You Hatters!