Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
My mum is well turned 80 and in South Oxon too. She's yet to be called. I suspect the pecking order in each group is a bit random, depends where you are in the alphabet or if you were in when they rang or if you happened to be at the doctor's for some other reason.

Round here we got summoned for our flu jabs by text, no idea what happens with people who haven't got a mobile phone. Like my mum.
My mother has to wait in the surgery for 15 minutes after the jab - I suppose this is to make sure there aren't any immediate adverse reactions such as anaphylaxis. I imagine that this will slow things down. Apparently we have inoculated 138,000 people in the first week. According to my [appalling] maths, at this rate it will take nine years to do everyone.

A few weeks back I got summoned by text to have a flu jab, so now I'm officially elderly. Made an appointment for five days later and a day before, got a text saying my surgery had run out of jabs. I don't understand why they can't make appointments according to the number of shots they have - no sign of a repeat invitation either.