Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pub of the Month (August)

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/30582/

By George I reckon I've got it. Takes a long time to navigate between the pub site and the forum though.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/30582/

By George I reckon I've got it. Takes a long time to navigate between the pub site and the forum though.
    Still not sure what is going on with the remember me being lost on the main site, so wont comment on you needing to log in again.

As to the navigating between the main site and the forum it sounds like you have not discovered the miracle that is tabs. Not sure what browser you are using, I remember you installed Firefox. At the moment in my copy of Firefox I have going down from the top of the screen the:
    - top of the browser with a title and the close window off to the right
    - the menu bar
    - the tool/address bar
    - then the tabs
    This tab has "Pub of the Month" visible on it and a little '+' to the right of it. If I click on that '+' it opens a new tab that I can use. For me this tab is a blank window, but it will probably open yours on your home page. Anyway you will still see "Pub of the Month", but you will also see next to it a new tab set up on your home page, from which you could navigate to Pubs Galore, then you can just click on whichever tab you want to use at any given time, the x to the right of the active tab allows it to be closed.

If you are in IE (as long as it is 7 or higher) I think you can't see the tabs until you have more than one, you can open a new tab by clicking on the File menu at the top and selecting new tab. Or in either browser you can hold down ctrl then tap t with ctrl still down it will open a new tab.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Still not sure what is going on with the remember me being lost on the main site, so wont comment on you needing to log in again.
    I thought it was just me. I use 2 PCs; the one with Firefox3.0 needs to log in at each session while the one with IE8.0.6001 doesn't.

As the only pub I've rated 10/10 this month, The Anderson in Fortrose http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/64670/ has my nomination. I wish it weren't at the wrong end of the country.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    As to the navigating between the main site and the forum it sounds like you have not discovered the miracle that is tabs...
    If Conrad's next description appears complicated Gill, it boils down to having 2 copies of PG open at the same time, and clicking or toggling between the two...

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    If Conrad's next description appears complicated Gill, it boils down to having 2 copies of PG open at the same time, and clicking or toggling between the two...
    Thats what I do.

The remember me doesn't work for me either since my computer had a paddy a few months ago.

I did this:

1.Open IE: Open your Internet Explorer
    2.Open IE Options: Click Tools from the menu above and then click Internet Options
    3.Navigate to Content Options: Click the Content tab in the new Internet Options window
    4.Open AutoComplete Settings: Click the Settings button under the AutoComplete section
    5.Turn Option On: Check both “User names and passwords on forms” and “Prompt me to save passwords”
    6.Save Settings: Click the OK button for AutoComplete Settings and then click the OK button for Internet Options.
    7.Test Setting: Now visit a website where you type a username and password and when you submit the form it should now ask if you would like Windows to save your password for this username.

It's not ideal, but saves typing your whole e-mail address and password everythime the password times-out (if that is the right terminology) as once you type the first letter of your e-mail address it will allow you to pick your e-mail address and your password will automatically be entered.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Just Missed the Round Evil Gazebo's Avatar

I had a problem with the “remember me” not working - at Conrad’s suggestion I tried logging in via the main Galore website, and for some reason it has been fine ever since. I use Firefox, btw, ever since I converted, whenever I have had to use IE, it feels like switching from a Mercedes to a Ford Cortina.
    And you can really taste the hops!

Easy call for me this month - the Prince of Wales in Farnborough. Went for 1 pint, stayed for 8(ish). Great little no nonsense pub, the locals were superb company and 10 ales, mostly micros, hard to finds or old favourites.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/59583/

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Thanks Strongers. I am now remembered and it's a great feeling. Also thanks Conrad. I have now worked the tabs out. Everything is so simple.

Having a walk into York now to celebrate my new found knowledge in the time honoured way.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Gazebo View Post
    . I use Firefox, btw, ever since I converted, whenever I have had to use IE, it feels like switching from a Mercedes to a Ford Cortina.
    ...and it's even faster and slicker on a Linux10 machine. Sorry, geeky thread drift.

Just Missed the Round Evil Gazebo's Avatar

My pub of the month is The Hillgrove in Bristol. Their choice of beers is always very good, but when I visited on Sunday, they had excelled themselves. For the record:-

Arbor Motueka
    Brewdog 5am Saint
    Brewdog The Physics
    Crouch Vale Amarillo
    Crouch Vale Brewer’s Gold
    Dawkins Brassknocker Blonde*
    Dawkins ttt*
    Potbelly Beijing Black
    Potbelly Best
    Severn Vale Blake’s Severn

It was originally our first stop on a crawl, but turned into something of a lengthy stay. The beer inspired me to such a degree that the Sunday Times crossword was actually finished on a Sunday for the first time in ages. We celebrated this achievement with … more beer.

*It’s a Dawkins Pub, btw.
    Last edited by Evil Gazebo; 31-08-2010 at 14:05.
    And you can really taste the hops!