I have read a lot of comments on here regarding visiting pubs in the "new normal" and it is obvious that there are many different opinions. Here is mine.

When the lockdown started I have to say I was a bit lost at first. Without going to the football or the pub my weekends were a bit strange to say the least. I had never heard of "Whatsapp video call" but I soon found myself chatting with mates I don't normally see anyway!

I also threw myself back into hobbies that I had slipped away from and as a result my "Smiths" collection has grown recently.

When the lockdown was lifted I waited a couple of weeks (apart from a few simple visits during a holiday) to do a decent crawl. I went on a session with my father and brother and thought it wasn't too bad. We had no problems and soon went on another session a couple of weeks later. We had to factor in that my dad is 81 so we played it quite safe in our local area.

I live in the Sandwell area which has local restrictions in place - I can't go round my dad's house but i can see him in the pub! At the moment I am doing neither. I just don't feel that going to the pub at the moment would be that enjoyable. I am a crawler and I can't say how long I will be in any pub, nor can I say how many drinks I will have!

There are other concerns - being the breadwinner (in fact the sole earner) in my household poses another question. I can't afford to get a text message telling me to self isolate for 2 weeks without pay because I have been in a pub where someone has had a positive result.

I have a desire to support my local pubs but I must look at the bigger picture.

There is no right or wrong - just my thoughts!

Del.