Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Rules Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Since when did you have to wear a mask in a pub? I experienced some mask twaddle having to walk six feet across the Duke of Wellington yesterday evening - it's a rubbish pub anyway. Next up, I decided to make a bid for The De Beauvoir Arms, arriving at 9.55 only to remember that the 10 O'clock rule was about to come into force. This 10 O'clock rule is ridiculous - if the government wants to reduce hours, then surely it's better to reduce opening times. This will result in people going back to houses to drink where no rules can be enforced.
    The problem is masks are a legal requirement with a ten grand fine on the operator for non compliance. I was in a micro this afternoon where a guy was told to wear a mask for his three foot journey from door to table. Daft I agree but there are too many curtain twitchers who will grass up innocent pubs.

Rules is rules, is it really that bad given the bigger picture? Put a mask on when you enter, take it off when you sit down, put it on when you go for a pee, take it off when you return to your seat, inconvenient pain in the arse yes but get over it, although we may well lose many pubs, "use it or lose it" still rings true.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Rules is rules, is it really that bad given the bigger picture?
    Well exactly. I'm very pleased that those who refuse to wear masks stay at home and keep their germs with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Not going to pubs because you have to wear a mask has to be an individual decision. However don't expect said pubs to still be there in 6 months time.
    Rules is rules, is it really that bad given the bigger picture? Put a mask on when you enter, take it off when you sit down, put it on when you go for a pee, take it off when you return to your seat, inconvenient pain in the arse yes but get over it, although we may well lose many pubs, "use it or lose it" still rings true.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Well exactly. I'm very pleased that those who refuse to wear masks stay at home and keep their germs with them.
    All very good points.

I agree with OB as well, that these new regulations put further strain on the pub operators. It's difficult enough that they have to do more work for less money without also having to put up with their customers being prima donnas.

I must admit I don't like the new regs, and I was a bit grumpy at first, but a pint or two of good real ale is all it takes. I'll be a bit choosy about when and where I go to the pub - afternoon or early evening only, no Fridays or Saturdays, avoid student pubs; just being sensible.

Oh, and staying home more because of all those beers in my cupboard-under-the-stairs. Not sure if I'm allowed to invite any of my friends around to help out; probably not.

Given a choice between wearing a mask on a train journey or wearing one to go to the toilet in a pub, there's just no comparison. I used to travel a lot by train, but I've knocked it on the head for the time being - with football, rugby league and pub crawls all off the agenda, there's not much to travel to anyway.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

The pointlessness of it all, when you consider face contact.

It’ll take an awful lot more than having to wear a mask to prevent me from going to the pub.
    "Beer is food." Morse, Colin Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    The pointlessness of it all, when you consider face contact.
    pointless agreed but unfortunately the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuck Phat View Post
    It’ll take an awful lot more than having to wear a mask to prevent me from going to the pub.
    that's the spirit
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Thuck Phat View Post
    Well said!

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

After a trip to a very good micro on Thursday (Kings Ditch) and then The Cask last night,I'm getting used to the new rules.Excellent ale helps compensate for minor hassle. However the 10pm chuck out time for everybody did make the Victoria Line uncomfortably busy which I will have to factor in next time I do a Friday night outing in London.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

...and yet the Duke of Wellington (as above) bangs on about masks but has no T & T then sticks me four feet from my neighbour.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    It's difficult enough that they have to do more work for less money without also having to put up with their customers being prima donnas.

...avoid student pubs; just being sensible.
    It's not fair that customers are being prima donnas - I try to be more polite than ever. As far as less money goes, that may be the fault of the pub's pay policy as some places I've seen have huge crowds outside, spilling onto the pavement seven days a week; they must have recouped their losses four times over.
    As far as student pubs goes, it's sensible to avoid them under normal circumstances.