Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Rules Stuff

"But according to Paris Capone, an events manager at London Field’s Brewery, the reference was intended to engage customers and get them to pay attention to the rest of the listed guidelines.

She told Reuters: “The health and safety of our customers and staff is our number one priority and we’re strictly adhering to all latest public health guidance inside the taproom. The reference to no eye-contact was intended to be an engaging way to encourage customers to read and take notice of the broader guidelines, but we have since removed it in case it was distracting from the overall serious messages around safely enjoying the taproom.” "

Dickheads.

Why does a piddling little brewery need an events manager? "An" events manager suggests there are more than one. Is Paris Capone a made up name in another ill-judged attempt at "satire"?

Grumpy,
    Yorkshire.

I'll wear a mask to get in and out of the door of a place in Southern England selling Thornbridge Jaipur for £3.00 - satisfied customer!

To be fair, although they are a small brewery, they do put on quite a lot of events such as gigs, comedy nights, markets, charity fundraisers as well as more obvious things like beer festivals, brewery tours and brewing sessions, all of which I suppose needs organising and promoting - whether that merits a full time role though, I have no idea.

What I can say is that their attempt at satire has backfired big time, as that image has been taken at face value and widely shared by all sorts of anti-mask, anti-lockdown, conspiracy theorist types, including David Icke, who are citing it as a "whatever next..." example of the erosion of our liberties - which I'm guessing is probably not what the brewery was going for!

And yes, believe it or not, Paris Capone does appear to be a real name! https://uk.linkedin.com/in/paris-capone-b36656120

The comment banning “extended eye contact” between tables in the bar was not intended to be serious and was instead a ploy by the establishment to urge customers to pay attention to the rest of the listed rules.

If they believe that, they'll believe anything.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    To be fair, although they are a small brewery,]
    Probably the best small brewery in the world (probably not) , seeing as they are owned by Carlsberg.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

As a point of interest, the 'rule' is for face coverings, not specifically masks, so scarves, snoods and the like are quite valid and can be pulled up/down easily when moving around (Anyone still have a polo neck sweater???).

Get-outs include being with a lip-reading deaf person, if you can find one who needs a trip to the pub! Or you could just print off an 'I am exempt' sign to wave, although there must be some risk of encountering jobsworths following strict orders regardless.

The basic problem is once having strayed into rules perceived as unjustified, unscientific or just plain silly, any respect for them goes out of the window, and even sensible measures become ignored. I reckon there will be some serious backpedalling before too long.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Attachment 2485Extended eye contact? WTF?
    Eye - sorry I - was on the edge of London Fields last night. It's best not to make eye contact with many of the locals than worry about the hipsters that visit venues such as this. Especially the loon who was wandering about barking 'Mask!!!' at anyone who wasn't wearing one in public, despite the fact that he wasn't using one either.

On the plus side, my new mole grip has arrived!
    Last edited by Tris39; 30-09-2020 at 16:23.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    I reckon there will be some serious backpedalling before too long.
    Like returning pub opening times to normal. If hours are reduced, people will charge into the pub, packing it to capacity whereas with longer hours, you can spread out the number of customers. Another result is that everybody is leaving at the same time, which is adding to the concentration of people on buses and trains and now we see the phenomenon of people drinking in the streets after 10.00 pm. I tried to go to The Approach Tavern and
    The Dundee Arms last night and the former was packed - I'll bet that with longer hours fewer drinkers would have been in the pub at the same time.

Real Ale Drinker

20201002_125457.jpg

No mention of shutting his own business down I see