Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Doesn't time fly!!

This Space For Hire

Default Doesn't time fly!!

I just came across a review of mine which I would have said came from a visit about 2 or 3 years ago, but was actually dated 2014 !! Looking at some others it gets even worse, with reviews of 10 years ago seeming like yesterday.

Even given that 2020 is a bit of a write-off, I seem to have lost several years somewhere. Is it just creeping senility, or do others have the same trouble?
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    I just came across a review of mine which I would have said came from a visit about 2 or 3 years ago, but was actually dated 2014 !! Looking at some others it gets even worse, with reviews of 10 years ago seeming like yesterday.

Even given that 2020 is a bit of a write-off, I seem to have lost several years somewhere. Is it just creeping senility, or do others have the same trouble?
    It's something that happens more and more often as we get older, I would say. When I was nine I can remember looking back on my year at school in which I had a different form teacher for the second two terms (Jan-June) from the one I'd had in the first term (Sep-Dec) - the first one seemed like about a million years ago, but it was only about eight months. Now I look back on the beginning of the coronavirus in March (eight months ago) and it seems like the day before yesterday.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Now I look back on the beginning of the coronavirus in March (eight months ago) and it seems like the day before yesterday.
    Going to have to disagree with you there Will. We've been in the 2nd lockdown for a week and it seems like king ages to me!
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Going to have to disagree with you there Will. We've been in the 2nd lockdown for a week and it seems like king ages to me!
    I know what you mean, but it's all about perspective. In six months time, Lockdown 2 will feel like the day before yesterday!
    Come On You Hatters!