Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Rules Stuff

Default Covid Rules Stuff

Been out and about early doors, just a couple local pubs to see what’s on. Only in two pubs over 2-3 hours, big difference! Pub 1 NHS poster on display, perfunctory mask discipline, (one member of staff), no table service “I’ll charge you twice as much for that lad” (NB ironic Yorkshireness in operation), cash or card. Got dodgy when a cop passed by outside

Pub 2, masks only but one senile delinquent got in with a warning, NHS poster on display, strictly table service; hit and miss service, card or cash.

I've been in the Blake Hotel tonight, one of my most-visited pubs since 4 July - which is not saying a lot, as I've only been in 57 pubs and only five of them more than twice.

Mask discipline very strictly enforced.
    NHS poster on display.
    Table service.
    Card only*.
    No tasters.
    Exit by one way system.

I was a bit grumpy at first, but soon mellowed - helped by a couple of good beers, obviously. There was one hand pump with nothing on tonight (five beers on six, plus one cider on the seventh), and they're still getting through the cask ales before they go off - at least, that's the official story: the beers are changing three times a week, but it's quite possible that some of them are being thrown away towards the bottom of the barrel. I've never had a beer at the Blake that was even approaching being tired, never mind off.

Apparently there have been three redundancies at the pub (I shall have to ask at the Wellington, one of the Blake's sister pubs, if the same has happened there). There were a few students in tonight, as Walkley is a student area not far from the university. Maybe trade will pick up a little with term starting, maybe not.

*You could get away with cash if sitting inside, but taking beers out to the garden, then taking the cash back to the bar and making change and taking it out again is too much like hard work, rather than being a health risk, apparently.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Wednesday was my last session for a long time. I'd like to support local jobs and businesses, but not in a dehumanising and demoralising mask .

This is March to me

This Space For Hire

A mask is tempting me not to bother, if you want my money, except my terms. TBF I've lost interest in pubs with all this shit. Minutes to get acknowledged then T&T variations based on pub chain and a long wait to get a drink. Tesco is easier.
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 24-09-2020 at 22:46.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

The Ship yesterday. Disappointed to hear mask was mandatory to enter and move around pub, but to also have to wear a mask while playing darts (comedy darts) seemed ridiculous when us 3 were the only people at that end of the pub, indeed there were only 5 or 6 in in total. So throw your darts, sit down to take mask off and have a drink? Not sustainable.
    I did, however, quite warm to them keep coming to our table asking if we wanted more drinks, them delivering them, and one of us tapping the machine. They even automated the Camra discount after the first round, which saves ~40p a pint in here!

Wasn't too bad in The Wyndham Arms last night. There seemed to be the same number of regulars and casual punters, three ales on, staff were a bit grumpy about the changes but it did work. I think the biggest impact will be the 10 o'clock closing on Fridays and Saturdays.

Touching masks under the mistletoe at Christmas will be a bit weird - or is the one meter rule still in place?
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

Still haven't been in a pub since march as 99% of my drinking is based around trips to sporting/cultural events. Sports i go to are currently taking place behind closed doors and events like the Edinburgh festival cancelled.
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Two to three pubs before attending an away match, then a couple more before the train home.
    It all seems like a long lost dream or a trip to Fantasy Island. No use being allowed on the train with mask without the pubs and the footy.
    I will not be entering any pubs as long as I have to wear a mask!

Not going to pubs because you have to wear a mask has to be an individual decision.

However don't expect said pubs to still be there in 6 months time.

After all it's not the pubs that want you to wear a mask.

Yesterday, lunch in The Healey was absolutely fine. I probably wore a mask for 3 or 4 minutes in 5 hours.

Yes, it was a long lunch.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire

Since when did you have to wear a mask in a pub? I experienced some mask twaddle having to walk six feet across the Duke of Wellington yesterday evening - it's a rubbish pub anyway. Next up, I decided to make a bid for The De Beauvoir Arms, arriving at 9.55 only to remember that the 10 O'clock rule was about to come into force. This 10 O'clock rule is ridiculous - if the government wants to reduce hours, then surely it's better to reduce opening times. This will result in people going back to houses to drink where no rules can be enforced.