Ads not shown when logged in
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: how many different pubs?

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

My pub count so far this month is 5.

Star, Vogue where I had Woodlands Light Oak and Keltek Trevithicks Revenge.
    King John Hartlepool JDW where I had 2 Daleside beers Light Breeze and Black Diamond.
    Brewery Tap Hartlepool for 2 Camerons beers, Nimmo XXXX and Monkey Stout.
    Causeway Hartlepool for 2 Ringwood beers, Showmans Tipple and Old Thumper.
    Rat Race Hartlepool for Marble Summer Marble, Tryst Raj IPA, and Blue Monkey Guerrilla Stout.

Didn't count the Ward Jackson JDW as I asked for 2 beers one was not available and one had run out. Was told they only had 3 on, GK Abbott, Ruddles, and the other ale she offered was the cider. So I left.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Added 2 more pubs so my total is now 7.

Stopped into the Rat Race first and this really is a fantastic place to visit. Every time I was ready to leave, one of the beers changed so we ended up having beers from Yard of Ale, Tryst, Hadrian & Border, Hop Back and Brunswick. They have done a great job of this former newspaper kiosk on Hartlepool railway station, and while we were in there were about 15 - 20 people in there, full capacity with a group of 4 playing 5's and 3's on one of the tables.

New pubs were:
    Jacksons Arms Hartlepool lovely clean back street boozer type pub with friendly staff and customers. Dart board and pool table. The best beer so far in terms of holding the glass up and saying that is how all beer should be served. First class. Enjoyed Mordue Workie Ticket and Wold Top Mars Magic.

White Hart, Hart Village. Pubmaster. Close to where we are staying in the caravan serving 1 real ale, Camerons Strongarm, but after the meal I had there yesterday won't be able to eat anything today. Enormous portions on large plates. Rather full but has two rooms either side of the main dooor and didn't get to explore further.

After 1 week I stand at 27 pints (+ a sample) in 13 visits to 9 different pubs (I have included yesterdays solitary pint at Charlton Athletic in this). This is all through normal activities and I haven't made any effort to do anything out of the ordinary to try and boost numbers.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    27 pints, 13 visits, 9 different pubs. This is all through normal activities .
    Those activities sound like light duties compared to your norm Roger...

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Those activities sound like light duties compared to your norm Roger...
    Apart from the England game on Weds I don't have much for this week either. After this week the non-league footy kicks in so a few possible mini sessions coming up. Darts away to Hampton & Richmond Tuesday week and I don't know many pubs around there so I will squeeze a few in pre/post match, all part of normal activities of course.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Darts away to Hampton & Richmond Tuesday week and I don't know many pubs around there so I will squeeze a few in pre/post match, all part of normal activities of course.
    The Railway Bell http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/59893/ and The Jolly Coopers http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/27539/ are probably the pick of the bunch nearest to the ground. The Roebuck http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/27543/ is a fair old traipse away but definitely worth it if you have time.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

I am up to 7 , would have been more but a planned trip to Madley in South Telford fell through , of the 9 pubs i planned to visit 5 are closed , so i stayed closer to home and visited a couple of recently reopened pubs in St Georges , "Try our award winning real ales" proclaimed the boards outside the Bush , so in i went , one handpull with Blacksheep
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

currently, 50 and am just off out!
    MILD:

Looks like I'll have to make the effort to go out before you catch me up!

50 pubs in 8 days is obscene - I'm extremely jealous
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

I'll stay on me own

1 new pub yesterday the Olive tree in Nottingham city centre this makes 18 for the month i dont think i will catch up now.