Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: how many different pubs?

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Am i in front in doing pubs at the moment as i went in 17 pubs yesterday that i hav'nt been in befor and they were all in the Peak District national park i also tried to get in 4 other pubs but 3 were not open and 1 had closed down.
    I hope you weren't driving then Al!

Just the four for me yesterday including three newbies now reviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    Greetings fellow PG'ers

How many different pubs would you say you visit in a month?

I am thinking of trying to do as many different pubs in a month as i can - from tomorrow, until the last day of August (bit of a swizz to get me an extra Saturday). Assuming you actually care, do people want to have a guess? Two things to remember, Mrs Soup and the Soupettes are away for a week and i am booked with Mrs Soup to be with friends for a weekend in York (and they like a drink too).

Now, to qualify, they have to be different pubs. I will keep 2 scores - different pubs in total and those that i actually rate on PG (this may take longer than the month to actually put on, as i will be out quite a bit). I dont have to drink a pint - in fact i am going for half pints this month for obvious reasons - and if the pub is s*it, i reserve the right to have a soft drink - but i cant count pubs i walk in and walk out of - if you are interested i will keep you all posted, if not, i will not bother - i just thought it may be a bit of fun.

Please remember, it isn't big and mature to get pi**ed , i am trying to actually drink as little as possible and i know you will have to take my word for what i visit, apart from when Andy Ven, or Staaly are with me! It isnt exciting i know, but it cant be worse than England v Algeria. By the way, Andy, we are doing a couple more pubs on Monday in Bloxwich!

The closest to my total - and i could fail miserably of course - wins a free lifetime membership of PG from Conrad and Dave
    Hi Soupy,

I am always trying to go in "new" pubs. I actually set a target last year of 100 new pubs. I managed 138 over the year which averages out at just over 11 a month. My rules are the same as yours - I can't have visited before (renamed pubs don't count) and I have to have a drink ( pint, half or coke - anything will do !) I don't really go out all that often so it isn't as easy as it seems, especially when you have already been in most of the pubs close to home. Also Mrs Delboy doesn't go much on pub crawls so I can only tour when I escape !!

I set this years target at a conservative 150 and before last week I was at 79 - pretty much on course. After spending last week up North I have added another 19 so I am now in front of my target.

As for your total this month I will go for 121 - good luck !!

Cheers,

Del

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    I don't have enough planned for August to reach a ton and I would insist on a pint in each pub. Did 3 pubs in Tunbridge Wells yesterday prior to a Wonder Stuff gig at the Forum, 2 of which were new. Not sure where my next new pub is coming from at the moment.
    Hi Roger,

How were The Stuffies ?? A great band "The 8 Legged Groove Machine " is still one of my favourite albums !!

I used to bump into Miles quite often in Stourbridge during my student days. What a pub the Mitre was back then. http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/38653/

Cheers,

Del.

I'll stay on me own

No i was'nt driving it was my brother doing the driving and me doing the drinking.

Just been in Aberdeen and done 6 pubs! Mrs Staal, as I have said, is very unpubby so I will not do that many. But I plan to get out to Lichfield, Brownhills, Bloxwich and Shrewsbury this month. Well, I plan too, but things always get in the way...

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Seeing as some of our trip is in Scotland, and I plan to do some serious Hadrians Wall walking, I doubt I'll get 30 let alone 301 this month. Quite a few of the days will be travelling up country too. I am counting out of interest rather than racing, and as we moved up from Cornwall to Wrantage yesterday my count is 1 which I have been to before. Did get a photo of the Star at Vogue though as I noticed it needed one.

Quote Originally Posted by General Staal View Post
    Just been in Aberdeen and done 6 pubs! ...
    Which ones - I am currently writing up my Aberdeen pubs - still have the Old Blackfriars, Aitchies Ale House, The Grill and Under The Hammer to go. Guess what I'll be doing today at work.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

I managed 5 pubs yesterday, while out at Bosworth - making 16 new and 1 revisited pub, so far. Shame to see the Black Horse is Bosworth is now a restaurant - mainly as it cost me another one on the pub count!
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Hi Roger,

How were The Stuffies ?? A great band "The 8 Legged Groove Machine " is still one of my favourite albums !!
    I used to bump into Miles quite often in Stourbridge during my student days. What a pub the Mitre was back then. http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/38653/
    This was the 18th time I have seen them and they are still excellent even though only 4 of the original 8 legs are still kicking (Hunt & Treece). I was even at the Big Day Out at Walsall FC all those years ago. I think it was a festival warm up gig as the Forum only holds 250 people so it was pretty intimate as well as hot and sweaty! The set was mainly a hits package with a couple of new songs. Miles is a lot less arrogant these days!

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

I have seen Miles Hunt a few times doing acoustic sessions - mainly at the old Little Civic and recently at the new Llittle Civic, Wolvo
    MILD: