Ads not shown when logged in
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: how many different pubs?

As I expected, a poor week for pubs. My tally for the month so far is 45 pints in 20 pub visits to 12 different "pubs" (I have included 2 football grounds in these figures!). So far I have not managed a single new pub this month but this will hopefully all change this week with a couple of Dartford away games at Hampton & Richmond tomorrow and Farnborough on Saturday.

I've managed to visit 21 different pubs so far this month, including 11 that were new to me. Things will dry up now though, as I'm off on my summer hols soon (although I suppose I can count all of the Croatian bars I visit as well!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ven View Post
    I've been in 8 different pubs so far this month - and I've got the Severn Valley Railway crawl next week - that's a lot for me!
    Post Severn Valley Railway pub crawl I think I'm up to 19 now but it's so easy to lose count. I'm out in Bloxwich on Friday but there'll be at least one pub I can't count again so I'm expecting to only get to 21
    Waes hael!

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    ...but a wee crawl of Leeds city centre next weekend should add up to a few pubs. (Templar, Wrens, North Bar, Mr Foleys, Town Hall, Hop and the Adelphi are on the list and I suppose a quicky in the Duck & Drake before staggering to the bus will have to happen )
    Would love to have met up for that 'ob', but wasn't available in any case. Be nice to have a few beers together again at some stage though.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

98 now, with 73 new reviews - hope to break the 100 tomorrow, then i will aim for 100 new ones.
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    98 now, with 73 new reviews - hope to break the 100 tomorrow, then i will aim for 100 new ones.
    Totally impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Would love to have met up for that 'ob', but wasn't available in any case. Be nice to have a few beers together again at some stage though.
    A fine afternoon's drinking, driven by a careful choice of Leeds' finest pubs. Drop me a PM any time you fancy a day out.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Good God

I was thinking of offering to meet up next time, if ever, you were in Pompey area , but I have my doubts I could keep up with such a stalwart pubber

I do tend to stick with what I know, so just about 3 per week, very lightweight stuff

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I am up to 20 after a good day out on a Day Rover bus ticket.

Dundee first and the 2 JDW's which were ok.
    The Phoenix was a great pub, but the beer, Caledonian Mexican Bandit was bought without reading the clip. Lime!! Ugh! Horrid. Took a deep breath and then downed it in one so I would only get one taste of it. Hate lime.
    Speedwell (Mennies) was a good pub with a couple of ales on. Chose a Chimay Red as well as the Caledonian Deuchars. Around 120 different Malts along the back of this bar.

Bus to Arbroath and JDW there had Wood Wonderful along with some food.
    Lochlands was a friendly pub and had Hydes Loose Cannon.

Reviews and photos to follow. All were 2010 Good Beer Guide pubs apart from the Dundee Lloyds No 1. The other 2 JDW's were in.

Ouch, how're the kidneys holding up? I tend to get a dull ache after three days on the sauce!

I'm on 33 pubs now, of which 32 are new ones to me and about 20 new to PuG.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES