Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: how many different pubs?

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    When we did a similar thing on "the other place" Millay and myself ended up joint top with something like 142 pubs each.
    I remember that well, it was back in March 2009 that we set ourselves the task of recording the number of different pubs we visited. I think it must have given you double vision though as our actual total was 74 each. Although the forums have now gone I've managed to find a copy of my end of month posting and have tried to upload it here (only had it in .wps format which wouldn't upload, managed to convert it to a .txt file but it's not easily readable)

I don't think it will be that easy to hit the ton but I'll go for 108.

I was thinking of having a quiet month but I suppose I'd better play the game.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Millay; 31-07-2010 at 12:48. Reason: upload issues
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    By the way, Andy, we are doing a couple more pubs on Monday in Bloxwich!
    I may have to do halves and bring a notebook with me. Surely not the George or the Prince of Wales....... or the Carousel!!!
    Waes hael!

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    I think it must have given you double vision though as our actual total was 74 each.
    I listed them in a Word document somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Doesn't the mind play funny tricks? I definitely thought it was well over the ton.

Well as is often said in our house.

"It's not often that I'm right, but I'm wrong again".

Following on from that.

If a tree falls in a forest and there's no-one there to hear it, did it make a sound?

and therefore

If a man says something in a forest and there's no woman there to hear him. Is he still wrong?

I'll stick with the 140 though, especially if we managed so many each without really trying and Soupy is going to try.
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 31-07-2010 at 13:38.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Former Pubs Galore Coder

It wont take too much time for Conrad and Dave - 1 a piece boys, do you think?
    I take offence at that, Dave is actually beginning to investigate some of the city centre pubs since the site got busier. I'm sure it is not really being driven to drink though

1 sounds like a compliment to me these days though, just been put on the Co-codamol for a shoulder problem so even more excuses for me to be on the lemonade sadly , just call me the nominated driver.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

[QUOTE=Soup Dragon;17250]If in Corbridge, do pop into the Roman site (that is a Roman site, not the name of a pub!!!) - worth a look if you haven't been - if you do knock a decent count post it up here as well - in fact i think we all should, for a month, just to see how bad we actually are!

Going to walk some of the wall while in Haltwhistle, and will put the Roman site down for Corbridge as I may get on the wall there too.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I always record my pubs as well as my beers so will see how many I do this month without really trying. Hoping to get a bit of walking in, with somewhere for a drink at the end of the day, apart from York where we will be combining the walking and drinking round a lot of the pubs there. Love them.

Other places we are going to are new to us so will be looking up any GBG ones we can get out to.

I am thinking of trying to do as many different pubs in a month as i can - from tomorrow, until the last day of August (bit of a swizz to get me an extra Saturday).
    Could you just clarify the ‘rules’ here Soupy, are we including Saturday 31st July. I only ask as I did 9 yesterday and that will give me a flying start

I also thought it might be interesting to have a side count on the number of those pubs visited that were new pubs, i.e. you’d not been in before. I’m currently on 9 pubs, 4 of which were new ones for me (assuming of course that yesterday counts).
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ven View Post
    I may have to do halves and bring a notebook with me. Surely not the George or the Prince of Wales....... or the Carousel!!!
    Naaaah, it isnt that important to me!

I was aiming for the magic 100. And i am not really, really going for it, just having a try!

I started yesterday and am out a little later with the Mrs Soup and the Soupettes for a walk around the battle site over Bosworth, so i am sure i will pop into a few on the walk
    MILD:

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    Could you just clarify the ‘rules’ here Soupy, are we including Saturday 31st July. I only ask as I did 9 yesterday and that will give me a flying start

I also thought it might be interesting to have a side count on the number of those pubs visited that were new pubs, i.e. you’d not been in before. I’m currently on 9 pubs, 4 of which were new ones for me (assuming of course that yesterday counts).
    Yes, yesterday counted, Sir

However, i pip you on the flying start. I did 12, of which 11 were new (not rated before - as have been in some, but in the 80s!)
    MILD:

Yes, yesterday counted, Sir

However, i pip you on the flying start. I did 12, of which 11 were new (not rated before - as have been in some, but in the 80s!)
    Great, the race is on then !!

Just starting my list so that I remember them all, and writing some reviews.