Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: how many different pubs?

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Default how many different pubs?

Greetings fellow PG'ers

How many different pubs would you say you visit in a month?

I am thinking of trying to do as many different pubs in a month as i can - from tomorrow, until the last day of August (bit of a swizz to get me an extra Saturday). Assuming you actually care, do people want to have a guess? Two things to remember, Mrs Soup and the Soupettes are away for a week and i am booked with Mrs Soup to be with friends for a weekend in York (and they like a drink too).

Now, to qualify, they have to be different pubs. I will keep 2 scores - different pubs in total and those that i actually rate on PG (this may take longer than the month to actually put on, as i will be out quite a bit). I dont have to drink a pint - in fact i am going for half pints this month for obvious reasons - and if the pub is s*it, i reserve the right to have a soft drink - but i cant count pubs i walk in and walk out of - if you are interested i will keep you all posted, if not, i will not bother - i just thought it may be a bit of fun.

Please remember, it isn't big and mature to get pi**ed , i am trying to actually drink as little as possible and i know you will have to take my word for what i visit, apart from when Andy Ven, or Staaly are with me! It isnt exciting i know, but it cant be worse than England v Algeria. By the way, Andy, we are doing a couple more pubs on Monday in Bloxwich!

The closest to my total - and i could fail miserably of course - wins a free lifetime membership of PG from Conrad and Dave
    MILD:

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    Please remember, it isn't big and mature to get pi**ed
    D'oh! That's today's mission turned into a guilt trip!

I've no idea how much touring you intend, so I'll go for a conservative 97.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Just checked my Cornish month and I have only been to 18 different pubs. Mind we have revisited a few favourites.

Next month will be interesting for us as we will be touring up to Tall Ships in Hartlepool, Seahouses, Lochside Argyll, Kinross, Haltwhistle, Corbridge, York and Hull.

Might knock up a decent pub count myself.

Please remember, it isn't big and mature to get pi**ed
    Who told you that?

.....wins a free lifetime membership of PG from Conrad and Dave
    Second prize two free lifetime memberships, .... boom boom,.... I'll get me coat.

I'm going to go for a grand total of 188 different pubs, only about 6 a day if you're concientious

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    D'oh! That's today's mission turned into a guilt trip!
    Naaah - that was for the younger readers of the foum - bit like the 'please enjoy responsibly' in very small letters on a Carling can
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post

I'm going to go for a grand total of 188 different pubs, only about 6 a day if you're concientious
    Are you trying to kill me, OB!!!!

It is supposed to be fun!
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    Just checked my Cornish month and I have only been to 18 different pubs. Mind we have revisited a few favourites.

Next month will be interesting for us as we will be touring up to Tall Ships in Hartlepool, Seahouses, Lochside Argyll, Kinross, Haltwhistle, Corbridge, York and Hull.

Might knock up a decent pub count myself.
    If in Corbridge, do pop into the Roman site (that is a Roman site, not the name of a pub!!!) - worth a look if you haven't been - if you do knock a decent count post it up here as well - in fact i think we all should, for a month, just to see how bad we actually are!

It wont take too much time for Conrad and Dave - 1 a piece boys, do you think?
    MILD:

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

This week i have been to about 30 different pubs , only 3 to drink in , the rest were work
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

I reckon I get through about 20/30 different pubs in an average month (at least a pint in each). When I had a week in Cornwall I did just over 50 (and wrote them all up). My recent fortnight in Scotland clocked up 55 (which I am still writing up).

I'm not sure how many pubs are available to you to visit during the course of the month but if you are consciously trying to clock up pub numbers, only drinking halves and the pubs are there to be done, I wouldn't be surprised if you hit the ton by the end of the month. That's only just over 3 halves a day so very achievable given that a weekend in York should count for at least 30 of them.

When we did a similar thing on "the other place" Millay and myself ended up joint top with something like 142 pubs each.

Admittedly for me there were two weekends away and several work stays in Birmingham/Shifnal/Wolverhampton/Shrewsbury etc involved in the number collected.

So on that evidence I'm going to guess at 140.

If you can't do 5 per day you're just not trying hard enough!
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas