Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: travelodge

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ven View Post
    Deja vu. That old chestnut.

I think if you wouldn't go to that place to spend an evening having a drink or three, or include it in a pub crawl, then it's not a pub/bar etc
    We'll never get rid of it, and at least it gives us all something to chat about that doesn't involve politics or religion.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ven View Post
    Deja vu. That old chestnut.

I think if you wouldn't go to that place to spend an evening having a drink or three, or include it in a pub crawl, then it's not a pub/bar etc
    That definition would also exclude thousands of pubs surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    That definition would also exclude thousands of pubs surely?
    I take your point - it depends on your standards!
    Waes hael!

I'll stay on me own

Thanks for deleting the itallion restaurants,i did'nt realise you were joking about travel lodges but then i am new to this forum stuff i might get the hang of it in time.

Travel Lodge and such like I have been glad that they have had a bar of sorts but it has been more of an enforced stay due to circumstances of the visit. If I could see a pub within walking distance then that is where I would be by choice.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Thanks for deleting the itallion restaurants,i did'nt realise you were joking about travel lodges but then i am new to this forum stuff i might get the hang of it in time.
    Don't worry about it, I would rather you felt welcome to input than scared of making a mistake. Besides, as a group we like having something to moan about on this forum, and the hotels debate is always good fuel.

If you stretch the Travelodge theme to encompass Premier Inns, then the bar of the Norwich budget hotel adjacent to the River Wentsum does serve real ale to non-residents and thus surely qualifies for its listing:

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/66600/

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Yep, read it, you should have walked across the road to the The Admiral Drake, not that I rated that too highly, but certainly sounds better than your pint http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/13534/

PS OH, just spotted in my review I said use the Sovereigns as it looks posher. Hope it was not this comment that sent you there, if it was, I owe you a pint, HSB or Havant Started OK?
    No, it wasn't your review - it was just the first pub I came to. Have now tried The Drake http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/13534/ and reviewed it. Beer was excellent, by the way, so it was a good recommendation.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    Funnily enough I reviewed the one in Portsmouth this morning - http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/59778/
    To be fair, I believe the Sovereigns is independent of Travelodge, who don't own or operate any pubs (just cafe bars in some hotels) - this one happens to be sited adjacent, sharing a common landlord.

Problem also for TL stocking (not stocking) real ale is that they usually lack cellarage, and/or sufficient turnover to always maintain standards. Good that they are taking an interest in the bottled market, but I imagine they'd be hoping for a less niche winner than a stout this year...
    Last edited by trainman; 30-07-2010 at 07:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    as a group we like having something to moan about on this forum, and the hotels debate is always good fuel.
    surely not?

What about Cafe Rouge anyone?