Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: travelodge

Default travelodge

The winner of Campaign for Real Ale’s (CAMRA) Champion Bottled Beer of Britain will be stocked at Travelodge for the second year.

Titanic Stout benefitted from winning the award last year

The budget hotel chain agreed to sponsor the competition again following the success of stocking last year’s winner Titanic stout of Stoke-on-Trent based Titanic Brewery.

“It is a tremendous accolade to win,” said brewery boss Keith Bott. “It was good of Travelodge to list us and good that they are supporting the trade.

Titanic Stout has won the title three times since 1994, and has only been out of the top three once since 2004.

“Titanic Stout went down very well with our customers last year, so it was an easy decision to agree to sponsor the Champion Bottled Beer of Britain award again this year,” said Travelodge managing director.

CAMRA head of marketing Louise Ashworth added: “We hope this year’s winner will prove just as popular in Travelodge Hotels as Titanic Stout, and look forward to announcing the champion at the start of the Great British Beer Festival.”

The results will be announced on 3 August at the Great British Beer Festival inside Earl’s Court.
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Does this mean we should start listing all Travelodge's

Funnily enough I reviewed the one in Portsmouth this morning - http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/59778/

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Does this mean we should start listing all Travelodge's
    Conrad, you too vill go on ze list!
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 29-07-2010 at 14:09.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    Funnily enough I reviewed the one in Portsmouth this morning - http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/59778/
    Yep, read it, you should have walked across the road to the The Admiral Drake, not that I rated that too highly, but certainly sounds better than your pint http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/13534/

PS OH, just spotted in my review I said use the Sovereigns as it looks posher. Hope it was not this comment that sent you there, if it was, I owe you a pint, HSB or Havant Started OK?
    Last edited by Farway; 29-07-2010 at 15:27. Reason: PS

Stopped a few nights at the Eastliegh TL by the airport last year. It was a case of a keg ale or Stella, both well below chilled. I ambled upto the airport lounge for a spot of people watching and ended up drinking lager because the ale was not to good. Too far back to remember details. I do remember saying "Hello" to the loneliest Spitfire I have ever see . Somebody stuck it on a plinth in the middle of a traffic roundabout were traffic speeds off a motorway. Its just a blue blur to most travelers.
    Last edited by arwkrite; 29-07-2010 at 16:26.

I'll stay on me own

The idea of putting Travel Lodges on pubs Galore is a pretty stupid one in my opinion,these are not pubs as in the name Pubs galore so i am against this.
    I have also seen 2 Bella Itallia's on Pubs Galore Norwich list i thought these were itallion restaurants not Pubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    The idea of putting Travel Lodges on pubs Galore is a pretty stupid one in my opinion,these are not pubs as in the name Pubs galore so i am against this.
    I have also seen 2 Bella Itallia's on Pubs Galore Norwich list i thought these were itallion restaurants not Pubs.
    Al 10000 you need to read this thread and you will see that Conrad is taking the pee.

At least I think he is.

http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...-Hotels-on-PuG
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Al 10000 you need to read this thread and you will see that Conrad is taking the pee.

At least I think he is.

http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...-Hotels-on-PuG
    Blimey give him the light reading to go on (or to put it another way, thanks for tracking that thread down, I was about to go hunting for it).

Al, I was indeed joking, it is one of those issues that keeps on coming back and causing us issues. We do not strictly stick by the Pubs aspect, but Italian restaurants aren't something we want on our lists (and indeed Dave is now deleting them, and slightly bemused that he approved them). Some will slip through, but feel free to report anything here that you think is wrongly listed, we try to justify why when we say no, but it also allows others to comment on our decisions.

Deja vu. That old chestnut.

I think if you wouldn't go to that place to spend an evening having a drink or three, or include it in a pub crawl, then it's not a pub/bar etc
    Waes hael!