Visit Wee Beefy's Pub Blog site

An unforseen future, nestled somewhere in time,
Unsuspecting victims no warnings, no signs,
Judgement day the second coming arrives,
Before you see the light, you must die!

Ah, whoops. Have got DEYA, a Cheltenham based brewery, mixed up with Tom Araya's excellent thrash master's Slayer. Soz....

Back to boohar, and over Loockdown, and largely via my chums at Bar Stewards, DEYA have produced some of the frankly finest pints. Prior to writing this I had a quick check of my previous posts and noticed that in 2018 and onwards I had already recognised the excellent quality of their soups - and had written about it a number of times previously, thereby proving me right. Tonight I had the first of three cans of theirs which I picked up from Bar Stewards, and found it unsurprisingly excellent.......

Over the past four months their Steady Rolling Man, an excellent 5.2% IPA, is probably the beer, of many, that I have drunk most often. Its a great quality, vegan friendly, unfiltered and unpasteurised IPA which drinks like babbeh milk with an excellent hoppiness in the background. This was well received and enjoyed, and in fact most of their best beers have been 5.2 - 6.9%, but they did also do a fabulous DIPA collab with Left Handed Giant in Brizzle. Despite some disappointing brown colours this once again was excellent.

One of the things I like about DEYA is that as well as them producing big cans, therefore supplying a whole and wholly enjoyable 500ml, they also state that the beer was produced "in our house style". Am well aware that this is neither a soul changing nor spine snapping revelation, but I do think it perfectly sums up their output. Tonight I enjoyed a 6.5% "Glue IPA" and it was outstanding. Perfectly pale, utterly clouded, hoppy and fruity in the aftertaste and displaying an excellent overall mouth feel. Although it sadly does not list the HOPS used, it's noticable that they are of good quality, perfectly balanced, and the overall taste is so good that I can forgive that lack of information.

Have never had chance to travel down to Cheltenham to pop into, as well as what I hear are some excellent pubs, their brewery tap. It is however something that I would love to do. Not least because, its actually very rare to find a brewery whose every output you desire, simultaneously doesn't disappoint. and which leaves you craving some more....

So although this is a short post I would like to thank DEYA for their marvelous output, and to hope to see then in keg or can, or who knows, perhaps even Cask from the Past, at sometime soon.

Cheers!

Wee Beefy

More...