Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Great British Beer Festival 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    The other worrying thing is that the area I live in is called Healey, Skye & Shawclough on this map.

It's actually Syke, not an island off the west coast of Scotland.

If they can't even get the names right.................
    Aha - that's where you think you live, but the computer has you down as one of 9,198 residents of E02001136!

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Even bigger rip off than the beer fest .
    That's my conclusion as well. It's a lot to pay for a souvenir beer glass.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

Even bigger rip off than the beer fest .
    In the weird and wonderful world of intoxicating beverages, there can be much more to 'value' than a simple comparison of units per pound, and we will have our own take on that.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    In the weird and wonderful world of intoxicating beverages, there can be much more to 'value' than a simple comparison of units per pound, and we will have our own take on that.
    In the world in general there is a huge difference between price, cost and value, a simple truth that eludes many people.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    There is some yardage from rps quote above, I've always considered the GBBF an expensive day out, taking in the travel, entrance fee and cost of beer, bearing in mind I rarely drink more than six pints a visit, usually in halves. However I go there to find and taste new beers , all under one roof, I would be spending a lot more traipsing all over the country, however enjoyable that may be, finding these beers. I personally can't afford to do that too often.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    There is some yardage from rps quote above, I've always considered the GBBF an expensive day out, taking in the travel, entrance fee and cost of beer, bearing in mind I rarely drink more than six pints a visit, usually in halves. However I go there to find and taste new beers , all under one roof, I would be spending a lot more traipsing all over the country, however enjoyable that may be, finding these beers. I personally can't afford to do that too often.
    Personally think beers taste better in their natural habitat (pub) than at a beer fest.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    In the world in general there is a huge difference between price, cost and value, a simple truth that eludes many people.
    Mobys beers at the last GBBF would have cost him (inc entrance fee )over £6 a pint. Its a simple truth that cask beer should never be that price.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    I bought all their albums in the 60s and 70s and they were outstanding when I saw them supporting Cream. Happy days.
    Ah yes. One of the early pioneers of Prog Hop.

Mobys beers at the last GBBF would have cost him (inc entrance fee )over £6 a pint. Its a simple truth that cask beer should never be that price.
    This is true, but for the occasional one off with certain beers It's worth it , I wouldn't go there and drink beers readily available to me in pubs, definitely prefer pubs to beer fests. Last time out had a cracking Tiny Rebel beer , then found it in a pub in Hove a couple of weeks later, unfortunately, though nice , the pub one was nowhere near as good as the GBBF one.
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    This is true, but for the occasional one off with certain beers It's worth it , I wouldn't go there and drink beers readily available to me in pubs, definitely prefer pubs to beer fests. Last time out had a cracking Tiny Rebel beer , then found it in a pub in Hove a couple of weeks later, unfortunately, though nice , the pub one was nowhere near as good as the GBBF one.
    Just looked it up, Tiny Rebel Super Sharp Shooter.
    http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...h-August-2019)
    -W.C.Fields