Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Great British Beer Festival 2020

Default Virtual Great British Beer Festival 2020

At least Camra are trying to do something a bit different following cancellation of the Great British Beer Festival 2020: The Virtual Beer Experience.

Quite a few organisations are having virtual meetings, AGMs, and exhibitions along similar lines but well done Camra, of course the loss of income from the physical event must have concentrated their minds. I wonder if they'll get any refund from Olympia?

Cooking Lager's comment: "£46 to stay at home and be told what to drink and what to think of it. Nice." Not exactly my sentiments but £4.75 a pint including a free souvenir glass isn't a bargain deal even if it includes two of the expert's speil. It is very popular though as four out of the seven sessions are sold out this morning.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post

I bought all their albums in the 60s and 70s and they were outstanding when I saw them supporting Cream. Happy days.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Virtual Beer Festival? Pah!some blokes are organising a virtual Ploughing Match https://www.vplough.co.uk/
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    £4.75 a pint including a free souvenir glass isn't a bargain deal even if it includes two of the expert's speil. It is very popular though as four out of the seven sessions are sold out this morning.
    Certainly not a bargain, but if you take out the glass (£3) and delivery (say, £5) it brings the cost per pint down to £3.92 or so. I've gone for the foreign beers, which was the first category I came across that wasn't already sold out. (Probably a few 33cl bottles in there, which raises the price per pint!) £46 is about the same as the cost of a train to get me to Luton, never mind the match ticket, so I don't think it's going to make a huge hole in my pocket.

Looking forward to receiving the package, although gawd only knows where I'm going to find room for another 11 bottles in my cupboard under the stairs. Might have to do some more drinking from home instead of dodging the apparently non-existent and/or potentially harmless virus down the pub.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Might have to do some more drinking from home instead of dodging the apparently non-existent and/or potentially harmless virus down the pub.
    Stay safe, you are in a few higher risk categories, male, old, living in Sheffield (death rate 81.4/100,000), the jurys out on vegetarianism

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Stay safe, you are in a few higher risk categories, male, old, living in Sheffield (death rate 81.4/100,000), the jurys out on vegetarianism
    Thanks for your concern. Perhaps I should have used quote marks on "non-existent" and "harmless". As for vegetarianism, perhaps we should set up a virtual arm-wrestling contest on Zoom.
    Come On You Hatters!

Thanks for your concern. Perhaps I should have used quote marks on "non-existent" and "harmless". As for vegetarianism, perhaps we should set up a virtual arm-wrestling contest on Zoom.
    I also worry about ROBCamra as Rochdale is more nasty for risk than Sheffield, however I can report he is properly self-medicating with beer, etc so should be safe

I've gone for the foreign beers, which was the first category I came across that wasn't already sold out.
    Moi aussi.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Moi aussi.
    See you there?
    Come On You Hatters!