Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beer of the Week (w/e 26th July 2020)

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Any trouble getting into the Old Fountain? I might give it a go if logistics permit. I'd love to see how they manage social engineering in the Euston Tap - if drinking outside, I wonder if the deranged junkies are still out in force along Euston Road...
    Had to book a table at the Old Fountain and there was a lot less furniture than usual.Table service once you've ordered and paid on a QR code link,only two ales but both in top condition.Saturday last orders 8pm,but no pressure to drink up .Sloped off to nearby Craft Beer Co. ,no t&t,served at the bar,pub very busy but you had to be seated.This was the least Covid aware pub I've been to.

Will report back on the Euston Tap,but it was chosen for it's outside options and we have had a lot of experience dealing with the human detritus in that area.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    but the star for me was the Citra Simcoe NE IPA (6%). Knowing our tastes are quite similar I think you'd love that. Not sure if they do it as cask / keg though.
    Not had the pleasure, sounds good.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    I'd love to see how they manage social engineering in the Euston Tap - if drinking outside, I wonder if the deranged junkies are still out in force along Euston Road...
    You can only go into the interior to order takeout beer and use the loos up the spiral staircase.No t&t although we all paid by card.Just two real ales on Redemption Trinity and Five Points Pale which got a hammering from the crew,all socially distanced outside.With very few office workers or commuters ,The Euston Tap was quiet even at 6pm on Friday.The keg range was also pared back .

The barman warned us about the industrial bag snatching that goes on outside,and the various beggars were all treated firmly but with respect by my colleagues.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson