Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Children in pubs...

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie86 View Post
    Which brewery is that one from?
    You mentioned before about thinking of beer names for your brews, I sense there is a rich vein ripe for the tapping here.

Radio Five yesterday morning had a bit on "Would you discipline someone else s children ? "
    That is not the subject of this post. The woman on the phone in is. She stated that adults were Demonizing naturally noisy children who should be allowed to play when ever and where ever they liked. You may think just what are her children like ? She openly admitted "that many people had complained, in all sorts of place, of the noise and behavior" of her children. Restaurants,aircraft ,trains and supermarkets were mentioned.
    She has to be the Mother in the Family From Hell we have all met. No Manners,No Consideration for others, No Care but for their own pleasure. The Children will grow up to be more of the Couldn't Give a Toss About you Mate generation.
    The radio almost became the victim of some serious GBH.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

After reading this I spent a while looking for the classic clip of Basil Fawlty debating chip cuts with a young gentleman, sadly couldn't find it, but hopefully everyone knows Fawlty Towers off by heart anyway.

I grew up in the age of 'children should be seen but not heard'. Now I'm a self-confessed 'grumpy old bustard' I'm still supposed to be seen (as little as possible) but not heard. When is it gonna be my turn..........
    Someone touched on dogs in pubs. All I have to say, without provocation, is that I've never received a complaint about mine
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    Someone touched on dogs in pubs. All I have to say, without provocation, is that I've never received a complaint about mine
    Only because snooker/pool balls don't talk

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    After reading this I spent a while looking for the classic clip of Basil Fawlty debating chip cuts with a young gentleman, sadly couldn't find it, but hopefully everyone knows Fawlty Towers off by heart anyway.
    One of my favourite comedies, even reading it makes me chuckle -

Basil Fawlty: [overseeing dinner, he approaches a table where Mrs. Heath is eating with her son Ronald] Everything all right here?
    Mrs. Heath: Well...
    Master Heath: [cutting in] I don't like the chips. The chips are awful.
    Basil Fawlty: Really? How so?
    Master Heath: They're the wrong shape and they're just awful.
    Mrs. Heath: Ah, he's very clever... rather highly strung.
    Basil Fawlty: [forcing himself to smile] Highly strung... Yes, he should be.
    Master Heath: [to Basil] These eggs look like *you* laid them. Haven't you got any *proper* chips?
    Basil Fawlty: These *are* proper French-fried potatoes. The chef is Continental.
    Master Heath: Couldn't you get an English one?
    Mrs. Heath: Why don't you just eat one or two, dear?
    Master Heath: Because they're the wrong *shape*.
    Basil Fawlty: Oh, my... What shape do you prefer? Mickey Mouse shape? Smarties shape? Amphibious landing-craft shape? Poke-in-the-eye shape?
    Master Heath: God, you're dumb.
    Basil Fawlty: [gritting his teeth] Is there anything else we can get you, *sonny*?
    Master Heath: I'd like some bread and salad cream.
    Basil Fawlty: Well, there's the bread, and there's the mayonnaise.
    Master Heath: I said *salad cream*, stupid.
    Basil Fawlty: We don't *have* any salad cream.
    Master Heath: What a *dump*.
    Basil Fawlty: ...The chef made that mayonnaise fresh this morning.
    Master Heath: That's *puke*, that is.
    Basil Fawlty: Well, at least it's *fresh* puke!

This Space For Hire

If you want to know what we're up against, try this. JR is Jay Rayner, the restaurant critic of the Absurder.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...ink.features11

The Prince Regent
    69 Dulwich Road, London SE24, 020 7274 1567
    I campaigned for years to see this old South London boozer get the gastro treatment. Why? Because it's round the corner from my house and I wanted a gastropub like every other neighbourhood in the city. I couldn't be happier with the results. Great onglet and chips, a sturdy approach to pork belly and boisterous Sunday lunches when the kids run rampant. JR

In the Rose and Lion yesterday evening . Amongst the many customers were a black Lab ,a Poodle , a Whippet and three Jack Russels. They made no noise,did not fight, scream or run around. If you had your eyes closed or were blind you would not have known they were there. Even the pub cat felt safe enough to wander around. Things are different on a weekend but no fault of the dogs and cats.

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    In the Rose and Lion yesterday evening . Amongst the many customers were a black Lab ,a Poodle , a Whippet and three Jack Russels. They made no noise,did not fight, scream or run around. If you had your eyes closed or were blind you would not have known they were there. Even the pub cat felt safe enough to wander around. Things are different on a weekend but no fault of the dogs and cats.
    It's all about the owners, be they children or pets!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

I love watching cooking competition programmes and Jay Rayner is a judge on Masterchef and I always thought that he was a carnt, as they say south of the river.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES