Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Children in pubs...

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by General Staal View Post
    Children in pubs...
    ...are just plain annoying. Or is it just me?
    I know this is a pubs forum, but I am not sure that sentence needed pubs in it.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Ms Camra has 30 kids, she's a teacher, and she doesn't like them being in pubs either.
    I am a teacher too. Pleasant as children are at school and when they say hello when I bump into them round town - I wouldn't want to meet them in a pub. I had been in town in a pub to watch an England game. I caught the bus home in a slightly pickled condition only to have one of my schoolkids get on the bus. It was very hard work trying to act sober!

It got to the stage where I had written out all the signs and updated the website saying we no longer allow children under 14. Then Mum reminded me I have a 2 year old son who some days (like today) only sees me if he's brought up to the pub.

Some say I've been extra strict on him, but he came to the pub on the first day he was allowed out of hospital and at least once a week since. The only two year old I know that I can sign 'sit down quietly' (which is his warning without me raising my voice) and he will. If verbal I just remind him he's in the pub. Instantly well behaved as he knows he'll be in the car with a sore arse if he doesn't.
    *insert something clever/humorous/interesting here*

I’ve taken my two girls who are under three to the local many times. They think that it is grandad’s house and if I didn’t take them they wouldn’t know who he was!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Glass Half Full

We allow kids in the pub as long as their well behaved. My philosophy is "keep your breed on a lead". I tend to be more aggrieved by the "older generation" who feel the need to complain for the sake of complaining, just because a child laughs than I am with slightly unruly children.

It goes against my whole philosophy on pubs being a place that families can grow together to ban the little b**tards.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    Education is the thing but how can the uneducated and ignorant teach their offspring.?
    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    And we're in a downward spiral, it's only gonna get worse.
    Exactly. Ignorant generations simply creating even worse examples of social ineptitude in their offspring. And not just in terms of pub behaviour. Littering, feet on seats & other public transport misconduct, music/noise abuse, threatening/violent behaviour, ... see trainman on 'grumpy auld feckers' on a channel near you soon...

Ok, that's all true, but a little off the mark regarding kids in pubs, I'll defer to my earlier gratitude.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Thankfully it's not really an issue in most of the pubs (or, indeed, the style of pubs) which I prefer to frequent.

Glass Half Empty

Post Children in Pubs

If this thread is still active, here is my input.

If you want to see a pub overrun with kids, visit the Towngate Pub in Basildon.
    The kids are running around and even riding their bicycles in the pub. There are buggies galore and the kids are even at the bar, either in buggies or being held by their parents whislt they are having a drink.
    I went there once, never again.

Arthurish

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I don't like to see kids in nappies being plonked onto the bar, but it does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    I don't like to see kids in nappies being plonked onto the bar, but it does happen.
    Which brewery is that one from?
    *insert something clever/humorous/interesting here*

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Not sure, but I'd be more Chough (ed) if it was Organic rather than Barear** though.