Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Sheffield tomorow

  1. #1
    This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    1,488

    Default Sheffield tomorow

    We are coming out of hibernation and will be arriving in Sheffield tomorrow around 11.30 for a tour of some of our favourite bars which I believe are going to be open.

    Reckon we could be doing Rutland and Tap, then make our way to Kelham for Cat, KIT, Shakespeare, Crow, Bar Stewards, and I heard there is a Taphouse round from Fat Cat near the museum. Don't think we will get to Gardeners Rest this visit but will depend if we get into the others or have to move on.

    Hoping all goes well on train - bit scary - but need to get life back.

    Is there anything any of you know that is worth adding or taking away.

    Gill
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

  2. #2
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Junction 5, M3 , well fairly close.
    Posts
    4,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    We are coming out of hibernation and will be arriving in Sheffield tomorrow around 11.30 for a tour of some of our favourite bars which I believe are going to be open.

    Reckon we could be doing Rutland and Tap, then make our way to Kelham for Cat, KIT, Shakespeare, Crow, Bar Stewards, and I heard there is a Taphouse round from Fat Cat near the museum. Don't think we will get to Gardeners Rest this visit but will depend if we get into the others or have to move on.

    Hoping all goes well on train - bit scary - but need to get life back.

    Is there anything any of you know that is worth adding or taking away.

    Gill
    Can't help you with Sheffield pubs but I would think you will be fine on the trains, been in a few over the last couple of weeks and went into London last Monday, plenty of space even on the Tube, just remember your masks.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  3. #3
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stockton-on-Tees
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Can't help you with Sheffield pubs but I would think you will be fine on the trains, been in a few over the last couple of weeks and went into London last Monday, plenty of space even on the Tube, just remember your masks.
    Although if they cause you extreme distress, or you need to drink...

    Manchester this weekend and Sheffield next, will be interesting to see how the cities compare to the back to normal market towns.

  4. #4
    Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Grand Union
    Posts
    2,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    We are coming out of hibernation and will be arriving in Sheffield tomorrow around 11.30 for a tour of some of our favourite bars which I believe are going to be open.

    Reckon we could be doing Rutland and Tap, then make our way to Kelham for Cat,

    Is there anything any of you know that is worth adding or taking away.

    Gill
    If this refers to the Devonshire Cat ,it was reported on here that this has not reopened as Abbeydale couldn't make the venue work for them.

    Enjoy your Sheffield crawl and well done for wanting to get a life back.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

  5. #5
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    5,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    If this refers to the Devonshire Cat ,it was reported on here that this has not reopened as Abbeydale couldn't make the venue work for them.

    Enjoy your Sheffield crawl and well done for wanting to get a life back.
    Kelham, so I guess The Fat Cat (my favourite in the area).

    I wish I could make it down there but I'm stuck finishing the decorating I foolishly started two weeks ago.
    Drink drink, whoever you may be,
    we are the drunk and disorderly,
    and we’ll drink more beer wherever we may be,
    and we’ll meet you all in a pub said he.

    Dr Busker

  6. #6
    This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Kelham, so I guess The Fat Cat (my favourite in the area).
    Seconded. No doubt Will will come charging over the hill, with a rolled-up copy of The Grauniad as his lance, defending the honour of the KIT, but I'm with you. Definitely more my sort of place.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

  7. #7
    We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    down 'ere, from oop there
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    I now prefer Shakespeares to both, but would put KIT above Fat Cat, the latter is always too tight around the bar...

  8. #8
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Loved all three - superb!

  9. #9
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    No doubt Will will come charging over the hill, with a rolled-up copy of The Grauniad as his lance, defending the honour of the KIT.
    Well, I've only just seen this thread, having been away for just over a week with my bicycle and my tent. Sorry to have missed Gill and Ray, but only got back into Sheffield at about 3pm.

    As for Cat vs KIT, I'm not particularly bothered. If out with friends I'll go in either, but tend to avoid KIT on Friday afternoon/evening and after games at Hillsborough, when it gets too busy to be pleasant. Actually, make that last sentence all past tense; not sure what they're like these days.

    Using "a rolled-up copy of The Grauniad as [my] lance" is probably what makes it so difficult for me to complete the crossword.
    Come On You Hatters!

  10. #10
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stockton-on-Tees
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Where in Sheffield is best to visit now in these abnormal times? Mostly after places that are paying lip service only to t&t, rather than escorting you to tables and requiring bookings etc.

Similar Threads

  1. Sheffield
    By sheffield hatter in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 18-07-2014, 17:42
  2. sheffield
    By london calling in forum Requests
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 22:29
  3. Sheffield- A few changes
    By Wild Rover in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-12-2011, 09:13
  4. Some more Sheffield changes
    By sheffield hatter in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-03-2011, 12:16
  5. Changes in Sheffield
    By sheffield hatter in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-11-2010, 00:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •