Ads not shown when logged in
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 81

Thread: Pubs Galore 10th Anniversary Crawl

  1. #71
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Dates? Late September, maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Earlier would probably be better than later, what with shorter nights and colder weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    Sadly this could prove difficult for me as I am away for the Friday / Saturdays from the 24th Sept to 10th of Oct.
    But if I could bribe the judges to consider the 10th or 17th Sept or 15th Oct onwards I would be made up…
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I'm in Sheffield 8th - 11th Sept so the 15th Oct onwards would suit me better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    15th October onwards fine with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    15th October onwards good for us too
    We used to have the autumn crawl after half-term, but this had the disadvantages of colder weather and early darkness. Half-term holidays seem to be the week commencing 25 October, which means Friday 22nd is likely to be busy on trains. September is a bit soon, isn't it? (And I'm plannning holidays as schools will have gone back: I can't make either 10th or 17th.)

    Several people have already said that Friday, 15th October would suit them just fine. Shall we go for a general acclamation, given the fact that train tickets are already on sale? Or should we do a quick poll?
    Come On You Hatters!

  2. #72
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Out saving pubs and enjoying it.
    Posts
    4,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    I can do anytime really, unless the Villa are at home, work need me in, Mrs Soup or the Soupettes order otherwise, the dog is ill....
    Almost a clear run.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  3. #73
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    I can do anytime really, unless the Villa are at home, work need me in, Mrs Soup or the Soupettes order otherwise, the dog is ill....
    We'll count that as a Yes for 15th October, then. (Villa are at home Saturday 16th.)
    Come On You Hatters!

  4. #74
    This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Standing at the bar
    Posts
    797

    Default

    Friday 15th Oct is ideal for us too ..
    'I only drink on two occasions, when I'm thirsty and when I'm not'
    Brendan Behan

  5. #75
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Almost a clear run.
    Getting clearer: 15th October is fine by me.

  6. #76
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Out saving pubs and enjoying it.
    Posts
    4,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    We used to have the autumn crawl after half-term, but this had the disadvantages of colder weather and early darkness. Half-term holidays seem to be the week commencing 25 October, which means Friday 22nd is likely to be busy on trains. September is a bit soon, isn't it? (And I'm plannning holidays as schools will have gone back: I can't make either 10th or 17th.)

    Several people have already said that Friday, 15th October would suit them just fine. Shall we go for a general acclamation, given the fact that train tickets are already on sale? Or should we do a quick poll?
    Sounds like a firm plan but I suppose a quick poll would be fair if someone can set it up.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  7. #77
    Please give generously Quinno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    2,567

    Default

    15th October no good for me - I already have a ticket to see Geoff Norcot.

    Any other Friday that month is free...

  8. #78
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Out saving pubs and enjoying it.
    Posts
    4,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Sounds like a firm plan but I suppose a quick poll would be fair if someone can set it up.
    Seems everyone is happy so far, so unless theres any objections over the weekend, no need for a poll.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  9. #79
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Sounds like a firm plan but I suppose a quick poll would be fair if someone can set it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Seems everyone is happy so far, so unless theres any objections over the weekend, no need for a poll.
    Seems like you can't make up your mind, so I've created a poll.
    Come On You Hatters!

  10. #80
    Humble Wordsmith ETA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Normally Somerset, sometimes on a yacht.
    Posts
    1,410

    Default

    Looking possible for me now. Where are we starting (if I make it) so I know where to book my hotel?
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31-08-2019, 09:44
  2. Pubs Galore - the next crawl (Stockport, Autumn 2017)
    By sheffield hatter in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 29-11-2017, 18:10
  3. Summer Pubs Galore crawl
    By Quinno in forum Recommend Me Do & Meet Ups
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-05-2015, 21:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •