Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Default Bell Inn, Shifnal

The Bell Inn
    Newport Road
    Shifnal
    TF11 8BP

Gents, this pub doesnt exist, i dont think it ever did
    MILD:

When I stayed in Shifnal I walked up past the George to try and find this pub.

I didn't, and I gave up after about 600 yards, so I think Soupy's correct.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

There is a Bell Inn in Newport Rd, Tong which is just down the road from Shifnal, Post Code is TF11 8PS, could it be someone put down the wrong post code for the Tong one and it ended up in Shifnal as a duplicate for Tong? The address of the Tong entry is spectacularly unhelpful. There's also an Old Bell Inn listed for Shifnal on Yellow Pages, TF11 9AA

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    There is a Bell Inn in Newport Rd, Tong which is just down the road from Shifnal, Post Code is TF11 8PS, could it be someone put down the wrong post code for the Tong one and it ended up in Shifnal as a duplicate for Tong? The address of the Tong entry is spectacularly unhelpful. There's also an Old Bell Inn listed for Shifnal on Yellow Pages, TF11 9AA
    The Old Bell is definitely there. I've reviewed it.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    The Old Bell is definitely there. I've reviewed it.
    The one in Tong has been reviewed and photographed by Soupy so that exists too, cock up on the post code front IMHO.

When you crawled through Shifnal I see you missed out the Odfellows Soupy.

Next time you visit (which you will because of the White Hart) give it a try. It's foody but the beer is excellent.

I used to know Mick & Judy at the Anvil quite well. If the "nice lady behind the bar" was blonde and had the other outstanding attributes of a barmaid, then that was Judy.

One night when I went in Mick had been to the funeral of one of the regulars (an ex jockey) and was well pished and kept making racist remarks and was being very argumentative.

I decided to leave it alone after that, which is why I didn't review the pub on here. I'd rather remember it before my view was soured a bit.

When you crawled through Shifnal I see you missed out the Odfellows Soupy.

Next time you visit (which you will because of the White Hart) give it a try. It's foody but the beer is excellent.

I used to know Mick & Judy at the Anvil quite well. If the "nice lady behind the bar" was blonde and had the other outstanding attributes of a barmaid, then that was Judy.

One night when I went in Mick had been to the funeral of one of the regulars (an ex jockey) and was well pished and kept making racist remarks and was being very argumentative.

I decided to leave it alone after that, which is why I didn't review the pub on here. I'd rather remember it before my view was soured a bit.
    I drove all the way up to the Hare n Hounds to find the Bell and couldn't

I did them all, ROB, just not reviewed them all as yet, as i popped back last night to re-review the couple of places that my notes were too unreadable by the end of the night! plus Seven, Park House and the Railway

Odfellows was OK, Seven

I was surprised you hadn't done the Anvil, makes sense now
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    I drove all the way up to the Hare n Hounds to find the Bell and couldn't

I did them all, ROB, just not reviewed them all as yet, as i popped back last night to re-review the couple of places that my notes were too unreadable by the end of the night! plus Seven, Park House and the Railway

Odfellows was OK, Seven

I was surprised you hadn't done the Anvil, makes sense now
    I always used to stay at the Park House Hotel.

The bar is very nicely done but the only cask beer on offer was usually a poorly kept pint of Directors and much of the time it wasn't on at all.

I probably stayed there about 10 - 12 times and only went in the bar twice after the poor beer on the first visit.

They do allow non residents in though. The front lawn has tables & chairs on it in summer and is often full of locals when it's sunny. It's a good hotel.

I always used to stay at the Park House Hotel.

The bar is very nicely done but the only cask beer on offer was usually a poorly kept pint of Directors and much of the time it wasn't on at all.

I probably stayed there about 10 - 12 times and only went in the bar twice after the poor beer on the first visit.

They do allow non residents in though. The front lawn has tables & chairs on it in summer and is often full of locals when it's sunny. It's a good hotel.
    Yes, being miserable, i went straight out to the lawn - i didn't touch the Directors to be honest and in Seven, the price of the coke was more expesive than Peroni - bizarre. I ended up in the White Hart of course!
    MILD:

I was looking at the Park House website last night and wondering whether it would be a good place to stay, as a base for a night out in Shiffers....
    Waes hael!