Has anyone had experience of pubs charging in their car parks?

I have seen a form of Pay and Display that charges £1 and you get it off your drinks in the pub. Some people use that car park as a park and ride and leave the car there while they take normal service bus into Birmingham.

Fair enough I suppose.

We have just been ripped off. Driftwood Spa I believe is Cornwall CAMRA pub of the year, has lads sitting at the car park for the pub and charge £4.50 per day to park. This pub is quite a way off the bus route down a hill, and in the past we have walked down from the bus. A friend drove us down to have a drink today and we found we had to pay this £4.50.

We are given a ticket that says we get the £4.50 back if we spend £10 in the pub. It has to be one transaction, we cannot get a round then have another round later etc. We only wanted a half each and had already eaten elsewhere as it was after 3pm. To get our £4.50 back we had to buy 3.5 pints of beer between us. When we got back to the car it was once again a free car park as the attendants had gone. Doesn't encourage anyone wanting to drop in to visit a CAMRA pub of the year to try their beers.